Print Production Manager in Victoria, UK
THE BIG PICTURE
VCCP is the challenger network for challenger clients. We like to challenge what’s expected. It’s a massive part of VCCP culture. To ask questions….to challenge things. To create challenger work for ambitious challenger clients.
To do this we hire like-minded talented people from the four corners of the planet. People who won’t settle for nudging things forward an inch when things could move a mile.
Across the Partnership, we work with a broad spectrum of clients on a multitude of briefs, from social media or launch campaigns to DM and web build.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
The VCCP Partnership has a unique culture, and we are looking for people who will make a positive contribution to this, therefore the candidate must have the following attributes:
- A collaborative nature
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Take pride in their work
- Challenge anything
- Be unprecious and be able to recognise that a good idea can come from anywhere
- Take responsibility
Freelance Print/Press Production Manager
- Holiday cover as and when needed. Ad-hoc basis, with multiple positions available.
- To ensure all press (national, regional, supplements and magazines) are delivered to titles on time with correct copy.
- Process schedules, ensuring they’re up to date and cross referencing with media bookings.
- Add campaigns and insertions, with correct rotation and deadlines to Specle, and keep it up to date as schedules change.
- To remind Studio Managers, Creative Producers and Account Team of impending deadlines.
- Check proofs for errors and any possible reproduction issues, flagging when needed.
- Get proofs signed off by the relevant people (Account Team/Creative Producer/Creative).
- Deal with publication copy chases by phone and email, ensuring a good relationship is maintained.
- An obsession with quality and detail.
- A good understanding of the overall press process.
- A good understanding of media schedules and used to dealing with a wide variety of formats and rotation plans.
- Experience of using online campaign management and delivery tools, ideally Specle.
- Some experience of proofing RIPs and printers, ideally GMG and Epson.
- Proactive, self-sufficient, organised, patient and a team player.
- At least a basic knowledge of the following key software: Adobe CS – InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat.
- Monday – Friday 09.00 – 17.30
- Flexibility will be required to cover the needs of the business
- Production Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- agency side: 1 year (Required)
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Show your interest:
Not sure what to write? Use a template:
When are you available to work on this project?
What's your rate for this job?
Enter your day rate if there's not enough information or it's an ongoing project. You can change this after speaking with the client.
How long will it take? (Optional)
If there's enough information, give an estimate of how long this job will take.
What's your usual day rate? (Optional)
Set your deposit rate:
If approved, the buyer will pay a deposit of 80%