Print Production Manager in Victoria, UK 🌎
THE BIG PICTURE
VCCP is the challenger network for challenger clients. We like to challenge what’s expected. It’s a massive part of VCCP culture. To ask questions….to challenge things. To create challenger work for ambitious challenger clients.
To do this we hire like-minded talented people from the four corners of the planet. People who won’t settle for nudging things forward an inch when things could move a mile.
Across the Partnership, we work with a broad spectrum of clients on a multitude of briefs, from social media or launch campaigns to DM and web build.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
The VCCP Partnership has a unique culture, and we are looking for people who will make a positive contribution to this, therefore the candidate must have the following attributes:
- A collaborative nature
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Take pride in their work
- Challenge anything
- Be unprecious and be able to recognise that a good idea can come from anywhere
- Take responsibility
Freelance Print/Press Production Manager
- Holiday cover as and when needed. Ad-hoc basis, with multiple positions available.
- To ensure all press (national, regional, supplements and magazines) are delivered to titles on time with correct copy.
- Process schedules, ensuring they’re up to date and cross referencing with media bookings.
- Add campaigns and insertions, with correct rotation and deadlines to Specle, and keep it up to date as schedules change.
- To remind Studio Managers, Creative Producers and Account Team of impending deadlines.
- Check proofs for errors and any possible reproduction issues, flagging when needed.
- Get proofs signed off by the relevant people (Account Team/Creative Producer/Creative).
- Deal with publication copy chases by phone and email, ensuring a good relationship is maintained.
- An obsession with quality and detail.
- A good understanding of the overall press process.
- A good understanding of media schedules and used to dealing with a wide variety of formats and rotation plans.
- Experience of using online campaign management and delivery tools, ideally Specle.
- Some experience of proofing RIPs and printers, ideally GMG and Epson.
- Proactive, self-sufficient, organised, patient and a team player.
- At least a basic knowledge of the following key software: Adobe CS – InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat.
- Monday – Friday 09.00 – 17.30
- Flexibility will be required to cover the needs of the business
- Production Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- agency side: 1 year (Required)
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page