Project Manager in New York, NY, USA
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
FIRST is a leading global events agency with offices in New York, London, Los Angeles and Singapore. Some of the world’s most recognized companies trust us to develop strategies, and design, plan and produce engaging events. FIRST clients span many industries including financial services, aerospace, technology, consumer electronics, medical and healthcare, automotive, media and the non-profit sector. We are on Event Marketer’s “Top 100 Event Agencies” and “Best Places to Work in Events” lists. We’ve also been recognized by Crain’s New York Business as one of the Top 100 “Best Places to Work in NYC”.
In this capacity, the ideal Project Manager would represent the FIRST brand as an implant in our Solutions account within a leading Financial Services Client. The Project Manager will consistently deliver exceptional service to our clients through excellent project management and creative solutions. S/he will be responsible for managing several high profile internal and client-facing events and conferences annually.
Please note we may or may not have active openings, however we are always looking to build relationships with Freelance Project Managers for future opportunities.
- Responsible for the planning and execution of multiple key events simultaneously
- Implement creative and innovative aspects of each event including theme, decoration and design
- Coordinate print materials, registration, transportation, hotel accommodations, entertainment, gift selection, audio/visual needs, webcasts, staging and speaker selection for all programs
- Create and design event collateral including save-the-dates, invitations, speaker booklets, attendee lists, agendas and other marketing materials
- Manage all aspects of the event operation from initial briefing to reconciliation
- Be responsible for accurate and timely budgeting and reconciliation of events
- Sourcing, negotiating and managing site selections, contracts and vendors (i.e. Venue Finding Agents, venues, transportation, audiovisual, entertainment, etc.)
- Mentor and support other team members as needed
- Management of vendors contributing to events (gifts, printed materials, etc.)
- Work well under pressure to meet established deadlines
- Work with the team to ensure adherence to the client’s standards of operation
- Be proactive with ideas and creative solutions
- Support other team members as required
- Create and closely monitor value adds at every opportunity
- Share knowledge of best practices, new suppliers, services and venues
- 5 – 7 years’ Event Management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Corporate Event Management
- Proven ability to think innovatively to bring events/programs to fruition
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with high level conference, meeting and production management
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Resourceful individual with the ability to take direction and work independently
- Budget creation, management and reconciliation experience
- Excellent supplier knowledge and negotiating skills
- Strong team player and ability to manage large teams on-site
- Strong leadership experience in motivating colleagues in a manner that enhances working relationships and encompasses the company brand and values
- Resourceful individual with the ability to work independently and to work well under pressure to meet established deadlines
- Ambitious, proactive and highly organized
- A calm and flexible approach to handling pressure and stress
- Willing to travel to various locations for site-visits and on-site management of events
- Excellent working knowledge of key US destinations (e.g. New York, Chicago, Miami, etc.)
- Knowledge of venues and suppliers in key US cities
- Experience in the Financial Services industry
ADMINISTRATION & GENERAL:
- Build excellent relations with the team through positive communications
- Ensure knowledge is shared within the team to enable them to work smarter and more efficiently
- Work intelligently and ensure that the Team Lead is aware of problems or issues which negatively affect productivity
- Work on ad hoc requests as required, typically during quiet times
- Strict and accurate adherence to company’s time tracking policies and systems
- Assume responsibility for own environment, ensuring adherence to health and safety policies while having clean smart surroundings
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Show your interest:
Not sure what to write? Use a template:
When are you available to work on this project?
What's your rate for this job?
Enter your day rate if there's not enough information or it's an ongoing project. You can change this after speaking with the client.
How long will it take? (Optional)
If there's enough information, give an estimate of how long this job will take.
What's your usual day rate? (Optional)
Set your deposit rate:
If approved, the buyer will pay a deposit of 80%