Senior Experience Designer in Boston, MA, USA
Isobar is seeking a Senior Experience Designer who is committed to creating multi-channel, interactive experiences. We hire creative problem solvers who are experienced with the user-centered design process and who have a passion for creating interfaces that are intuitive and a joy to use.
The Senior Experience Designer will work under the direction and guidance of more senior ESD team members based on project assignments, assisting with ESD activities and deliverables for complex consumer and corporate digital initiatives. The Senior Experience Designer will be involved in projects from the beginning, and maintain the experience vision from concept to finished product.
- Work collaboratively as part of an interdisciplinary team that includes other experience designers, visual designers, technologists, business analysts, strategists, and project managers
- Understand user needs through user research and requirements-gathering workshops
- Conceptualize and design digital experiences under the guidance of an Experience Design Lead
- Create personas, journeys, scenarios, wireframes, prototypes, workflows, and interaction and experience models
- Explain design decisions and rationale to both internal and external team members
- Plan and conduct usability testing, leveraging the findings to evolve the design
- Participate in quality assurance testing activities from an ESD perspective
- Aggregate and communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale, both verbally and visually
- Be a constant advocate for great user-centered design
- Participate in client presentations, workshops, and discussions
Required Experience / Skills
- At least 3-4 years of experience in digital design practice
- Strong knowledge of user-centered design principles, methodologies, and best practices, particularly as applied to web- and mobile-based applications
- Demonstrated experience and portfolio examples of design problem-solving efforts for digital products or services
- Excellent communication, organization, and team interaction skills
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, InDesign, InVision, and Axure
- Knowledge of channel factors and considerations (responsive and adaptive web, native mobile and tablet, TV, wearables)
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Show your interest:
Not sure what to write? Use a template:
When are you available to work on this project?
What's your rate for this job?
Enter your day rate if there's not enough information or it's an ongoing project. You can change this after speaking with the client.
How long will it take? (Optional)
If there's enough information, give an estimate of how long this job will take.
What's your usual day rate? (Optional)
Set your deposit rate:
If approved, the buyer will pay a deposit of 80%