UX Research Assistant in New York, NY, USA
Clover delivers beautiful, easy-to-use point of sale systems that help small businesses compete with growing chains and big-box stores.
Our Growth team focuses on growing our footprint — on getting more Clover systems into more shops all over the world, and in your own neighborhood. Since the very first Clover Station was purchased in 2014, Clover has been helping scores of businesses save time and run their operations better. Just four years later, in September 2018, we shipped our one-millionth device. We invite you to be a part of reaching our next milestone. Join us!
We foster a culture of inclusivity, and welcome applicants of any race, religion, nationality, gender identity, age, or ability.
About the Role:
Clover is looking for a curious and driven freelance User Experience Researcher. Join our Growth team — which uses eCommerce and marketing to grow our footprint — on a freelance basis. You’ll work autonomously, and with product managers and UX designers to help our organization uncover and test insights that enable us to make more strategic decisions and continue to grow Clover’s merchant base.
- Collaborate with product and design leads to plan research: Identify goals, recommend methods, define subjects
- Contact subjects, schedule interviews
- Keep immaculate records of incentives, schedules, and legal documentation
- Execute research efficiently (methods may include remote and in-person usability testing, interviews, surveys, chat analysis, and more)
- Document findings through notes, audio, video, and transcripts
- Uncover accurate, meaningful, and consumable/actionable insights to influence design, content, and business strategy
- Clearly communicate research findings to stakeholders
- Identify opportunities, advocate for, and make proposals for future research activities
- Some travel required
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Analytics, Sociology, Research or related area
- 1-3 years of related job experience
- Strong project management skills, professionalism, and self-direction
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Customer-centric sensibility and solid product and design intuition
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Show your interest:
Not sure what to write? Use a template:
When are you available to work on this project?
What's your rate for this job?
Enter your day rate if there's not enough information or it's an ongoing project. You can change this after speaking with the client.
How long will it take? (Optional)
If there's enough information, give an estimate of how long this job will take.
What's your usual day rate? (Optional)
Set your deposit rate:
If approved, the buyer will pay a deposit of 80%