Web/UI Designer in Oakland, CA, USA
You are a talented front-end web designer looking to help us build a beautiful and user-friendly Internet. You have a broad mix of experience and talents, you understand that design is as much about how well things work as how good they look, and you champion the needs of the user while understanding and appreciating the realities of our clients’ business.
You will take wireframes and turn them into beautiful comps and style tiles that conform to modern web accessibility guidelines. Then you’ll take those assets to develop component-based design systems, build online style guides and prototypes, and make git commits. And you will articulate your proposed designs and solutions to a non-technical audience equally as well as to a savvy group of peers.
- Great communication and presentation skills
- 3+ years web design experience, combined with in-depth knowledge of at least 4 of the following:
- Interaction Design
- Graphic Design
- HTML5/CSS/JS and responsive theming
- SASS and KSS (or other CSS frameworks)
- Web Accessibility standards and best-practices
- A Design-related degree or equivalent experience designing websites for clients (not just personal or hobby sites)
- Online portfolio demonstrating your design process and final design deliverables
- Skilled in modern design and front-end coding tools (Sketch, Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop, Figma, Zeplin, etc.)
You Might Also Know About
- Static HTML prototyping frameworks (e.g. Pattern Lab, Kalastatic, etc.)
- Drupal and Wordpress theming systems
- Rapid prototyping tools (Figma, InVision, Axure, etc.)
- Motion graphics and animation for the Web (SVG and CSS)
- Mobile app design (iOS and Android)
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Show your interest:
Not sure what to write? Use a template:
When are you available to work on this project?
What's your rate for this job?
Enter your day rate if there's not enough information or it's an ongoing project. You can change this after speaking with the client.
How long will it take? (Optional)
If there's enough information, give an estimate of how long this job will take.
What's your usual day rate? (Optional)
Set your deposit rate:
If approved, the buyer will pay a deposit of 80%