Motion Designer - In-House in Toronto, ON
Rogers Sportsnet is seeking a Freelance Motion Designer - Toronto, to work with our group of passionate artists, designers, animators and design thinkers.
This role would require you joining us to work alongside our team on a project by project freelance basis, in mid-town Toronto, with your ability to dedicate and accept project requisitions on call, with quick timelines and turnarounds with our in-house design team.
We’re looking for someone with a proven background in motion design and have a great understanding of pace /timing /flow & energy, and how to convert creative ideas to best fit any brand. He/she also possesses a strong eye in layout, composition, animation, typography, photography, and demonstrates fundamental design & motion principles. Experience in After Effects and Adobe Creative Cloud would be essential as your main skillset when executing on creative. Working collaboratively with Art Directors & Creative Directors across various mediums, the role requires core strengths in the ability to multi-task, troubleshoot, problem solve and self motivate .
We’re looking for someone who
- Is a positive, energetic and driven individual
- Is creative, focused and demonstrates a visionary approach to motion design
- Is conceptual, strategic, collaborative, and embodies an all-around passion for creative
- Open to change, critique and alternative design techniques
- Has the ability to conceptualize and execute designs from a blank canvas state
- Is able to set and meet independent & group deadlines
- Possesses strong motion skills and demonstrates an understanding of timing / kinetics / mood & emotion
- Can embrace and excel at utilizing video & sound design in their creative skillset
- Has understanding of special effects / motion tracking / Keying and colour Correction Video techniques
- At your core, be a strategic Design Thinker
- Has a strong knowledge and eye for photo/image treatment & typography
- Is an effective communicator who can participate in design conversations with team, partners and clients
- Monitors and incorporates industry trends in graphic design and embraces innovation
- Has the Ability to embrace scripts and design direction to bring to life ideas / briefs & strategies
- Has knowledge and practice of main stream social media with respect to UX and UI design and techniques
- A strong interest in Sports and cultural trends (NBA, NHL, MLB, etc)
Education and Work Experience
- 5+ years of professional experience working in broadcast / film / advertising or creative agency environment, with a strong understanding and foundation in design / art & animation fundamentals
- Expert in After Effects
- Technical design and fluent in all Adobe Design software
- Strong Cinema 4D abilities a plus
- Possesses a robust/versatile Demo reel showcasing motion design/animation and or Vfx techniques
- Strong knowledge of 4K and HD Broadcast workflow and practices
- Candidate must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have a valid work permit for Canada.
Rogers Creative is an internal creative agency with 300+ professionals working collaboratively across Canada. With deep roots in media, broadcast, radio, publishing sales - we offer creativity services in the fields of branding, digital and social, motion and 3D animation, advertising, video production, retail design, wayfinding, real time live content, and end-to-end management of projects.
- Graphic Design: 5 years (Required)
- Cinema 4D: 5 years (Required)
- Broadcast Design: 5 years (Required)
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Show your interest:
Not sure what to write? Use a template:
When are you available to work on this project?
What's your rate for this job?
Enter your day rate if there's not enough information or it's an ongoing project. You can change this after speaking with the client.
How long will it take? (Optional)
If there's enough information, give an estimate of how long this job will take.
What's your usual day rate? (Optional)
Set your deposit rate:
If approved, the buyer will pay a deposit of 80%