Editor in Chicago, IL, USA
“Engaging,always” are the words we live by. They apply to everything we do, from the kind of work we create to how we work together. It’s the heart of who we are: we’re looking, always, for new, different and better ways to do our job – engaging people.
Our award winning creative studio of writers, designers, builders, strategists, conversation-starters, and storytellers creates ideas and content across paid, owned and earned channels for the worlds most beloved brands - globally.
Provide proofreading services for various materials including marketing materials, presentations, long-form response documents, websites, financial documents and more. In addition to traditional proofreading for proper grammar and punctuation, materials checked for consistency in layout, references and copy content.
- Have up to 5+ years’ writing/editing experience at an online publishing company or traditional publisher with an extensive online presence, digital marketing/advertising agency or other relevant experience; experience with original reporting a plus.
- Have up to 3+ years’ experience in developing and supporting multichannel content strategies from inception to implementation.
- Have firm knowledge on strategy and execution across multiple social media platforms.
- Show understanding of media partnerships and where the opportunities lie.
- Be a strong hands-on, rubber-meets-road type that can organize and operate multi-faceted programs.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with clients and internal team members.
- Demonstrate expertise in web publishing: from structuring a website to overseeing an editorial staff; from editing copy to training junior team members on content management and content publishing platforms.
- Have experience managing issues through social/editorial, assisting in preparation of documentation around issues management: driving conversations, impact of issues on communities/communications and providing recommendations; and knows what tools to utilize to get to the result
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Show your interest:
Not sure what to write? Use a template:
When are you available to work on this project?
What's your rate for this job?
Enter your day rate if there's not enough information or it's an ongoing project. You can change this after speaking with the client.
How long will it take? (Optional)
If there's enough information, give an estimate of how long this job will take.
What's your usual day rate? (Optional)
Set your deposit rate:
If approved, the buyer will pay a deposit of 80%