Copywriter in New York, NY, USA
Weber Shandwick is an award-winning creative agency of writers, designers, producers, strategists, conversation-starters, storytellers. We create content for the world’s biggest global brands.
We’re looking for a Freelance Copywriter with a background in copywriting who can serve as Team Lead across 3-4 accounts – a highly conceptual problem solver, an articulate presenter of ideas, a builder of strong client relationships, and a storyteller who will help us convey our clients’ messaging in new and creative ways. You’ll have the chance to create award-winning work for national and global brands across social, traditional, and earned media.
You’ll be someone who enjoys mentoring and managing a team of junior creatives, leading by example, with a keen eye for organization and detail. You’ll keep your teams motivated and focused on the task at hand – but you’ll still love getting your hands dirty and creating the work alongside them. You will work closely with project management, production, and account teams to help keep the work running smoothly.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
- 7-10 years of related professional experience and working directly with clients.
- Available to start on January 8th 2018
- A real understanding of what makes for compelling work – whether on social platforms, in video, or in big earned media activations and ideas that get talked about, reported on, and pointed to by other agencies with an “I wish we’d done that” envy.
- The ability to write across a broad range of media, in a variety of tones and voices.
- Video production experience – whether for online video, TV, etc. – and the ability to write concise scripts accordingly.
- A love for words, but an eye for art and design.
- Proven leadership skills managing multiple projects/tasks/teams of varying complexities, meeting deadlines, and working well under pressure.
- A cheerful and positive attitude, and respect for others. We are looking for doers – people who lean in, check their egos at the door, and have a real willingness to collaborate with other members of the Weber team. If you like to sit back and let others come up with the big idea, this job isn’t for you.
- Exceptional internal and external communication skills, someone who can present and defend their work clearly and confidently.
- Experience with social media platforms and a working knowledge of their best practices.
- An interest in staying on top of emerging platforms, mobile design, & development trends.
- A willingness to push creative boundaries.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Show your interest:
Not sure what to write? Use a template:
When are you available to work on this project?
What's your rate for this job?
Enter your day rate if there's not enough information or it's an ongoing project. You can change this after speaking with the client.
How long will it take? (Optional)
If there's enough information, give an estimate of how long this job will take.
What's your usual day rate? (Optional)
Set your deposit rate:
If approved, the buyer will pay a deposit of 80%