Videographer in Round Rock, TX, USA
We are seeking a LOCAL experienced videographer to join our growing team as a freelancer (project/hourly based to start). We need a consistent amount of video created each month in a variety of locations. We will begin our work together with 4-5 video sessions each month , the amount would depend on the variety needed in locations, but a minimum of bi-weekly shooting days would be needed, then your time editing and managing the overall planning etc.
We are in Austin Texas, and our office is in the Round Rock / Cedar Park area. Please ONLY local applicants.
Note: This is more than a point and shoot job. Your creativity, expertise, ideas, organizational skills for planning and managing this project, and the ability to follow through to execution in order to deliver a high quality finished product is needed.
Our ideal candidate LOVES telling story with videos and can tune into the FEEL of the content easily. You will source music, stock video, other videos to use within the video editing in order to tell a story and produce an “on brand” video.
The ‘end product’ for our first months of videos will be videos which are 2 minutes, 6 minutes and 12 minutes long. They will have movement, a strong sense of ‘emotion’ and be curiosity inducing with a strong call to action throughout. These will be ‘lifestyle’, ‘brand awareness’ and ‘training’ style videos and we do not want ‘talking head’ videos.
The BEST candidate has a strong idea of how you are going to do the following things with a solid workflow that you can reliably and consistently deliver on:
- SOLIDIFY THE CONTENT PLAN FOR UPCOMING SHOOTS
- understand what content is needed for the next month
- collect the ideas for the required videos
- create a storyboard (of some sort) to be clear on what footage is needed to take this idea from concept to a completed video project understanding the level of editing needed for each video (as some will not be heavily edited)
- create a plan around video flows, locations and equipment needed to accomplish
- submit to creative director the proposed location, date and time for this months shoots
- Schedule the shoots and confirm with all parties
- EXECUTE THE SHOOTS
- Reconfirm the shoot details a few days prior to planned shoot, and adjust as needed for weather or changes etc
- arrive to the shoot location in plenty of time to get setup
- bring all necessary equipment to execute the shoot and capture all images, videos and sound needed for the final production
- direct the talent and utilize your creativity to capture the footage necessary
- have fun!!
- EDIT THE VIDEOS
- take raw footage and edit to the level decided upon in the planning stage
- submit the first version within the specified time frame
- create ‘templates’ to be used for the various brands so once we are in the flow you can drop videos into predefined brand structure
- MANAGE TO COMPLETION
- HAVE A ‘ROLLING’ SCHEDULE TO KEEP VIDEOS IN CONSTANT PRODUCTION
Do you feel you can confidently knock those things out and can bring LOADS of fun, laughs and creativity to the table? If so, please apply.
We are fun and easy going and truly want to find a long-term freelance style partner to work with on these content projects.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- You will be expected to have the basic equipment requirement for indoor and outdoor shoots, and if something special is needed you’ll know how to source it for rent for that specific project.
- At least 2-3 years of professional experience as videographer and editor on corporate videos, commercials, and/or brand videos.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud applications (Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop).
- Solid experience with chroma key compositing in After Effects.
- Strong sense of visual storytelling, transitions and pacing
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong time management and problem-solving skills, with the ability to adapt quickly.
- Technical knowledge of editing systems, sound design, color correction, and encoding.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to project and file hierarchy.
- Have strong communication skills; verbal and written
- Ability to work within a project management system
- Ability to meet deadlines agreed upon with integrity
- A growth mindset
- An overall positive mindset both in production capabilities as well as team interaction.
- Understand brand guidelines and work within the constraints provided
When you apply be sure to submit the following information WITH your initial application to be considered :
- examples of your work
- do you feel you have all the necessary equipment to fulfill this job?
- what does your ideal compensation looks like
- what hours and days your are available to accomplish this work
- what kind of access/resources do you have for location shoots
- what would you add/contribute/define around the workflow already listed in order to ensure a seamless project flow to completion?
- what is your standard turn around times for the 2, 6, and 12 minute videos ?
- Graphics Design: 3 years (Preferred)
- Videographer: 2 years (Required)
- Round Rock, TX (Preferred)
- Drivers (Required)
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Show your interest:
Not sure what to write? Use a template:
When are you available to work on this project?
What's your rate for this job?
Enter your day rate if there's not enough information or it's an ongoing project. You can change this after speaking with the client.
How long will it take? (Optional)
If there's enough information, give an estimate of how long this job will take.
What's your usual day rate? (Optional)
Set your deposit rate:
If approved, the buyer will pay a deposit of 80%