Occasional Primary Videographer in Toronto, ON,Canada
Beautiful Life Studios is a high-end, dynamic photography and cinematography studio with locations in Toronto, Vancouver, and Miami. At our studios, we get to work with some of the most talented and creative people in the industry while maintaining a fun and laid back environment. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service and products to our clients and we are still growing! If you’re a freelance videographer looking to fill some free weekends, we’d love to discuss the possibility of you joining our team as a primary shooter.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO BEAUTIFUL LIFE STUDIOS
- You are a freelancer, or small business owner of videography services with experience in weddings, events or corporate work.
- You possess both creative and technical knowledge of videography which includes but is not limitedto: advanced use of high-end equipment, capturing various cinematic details using sliders, gimbals, drones, etc.
- You are a natural leader and easily direct people to capture the best cinematic shots possible.
- You are client a service-oriented person with a great attitude and the ability to interact with all types of people in a polished and professional manner.
- Can perform successfully in a face paced environment.
- Technically sound with the use of your gear.
- Creativeflair for cinematic videography.
- Experience using Adobe Premiere.
- Reliable and easy to work with.
- Fun and adaptable! We want our clients to feel like you are part of their circle.
- We need you on the weekends! Our occasional primary videographers are contracted on a per project basis and are scheduled for full days on the weekends.
- You must have your own vehicle.
- For video, we prefer a minimum of 2 cameras.
MINIMUM CAMERA BODY
- Sony A7-S ii or equivalent.
- Minimum requirement: 24-70mm f/2.8, 50mm
- 35mm, 70-200mm f/2.8, macro lens
- 2 fluid head tripods
- Zoom H1 withmicor better or Rode shotgun mic or equivalent
- Sliders, Steady Cam
- 64GB of storage, any brand
WHAT BEAUTIFUL LIFE STUDIOS WILL BRING TO YOU
- The opportunity to shoot and earn extra money on weekends you have available.
- A competitive per project day rate which is determined based on experience and equipment.
- If you consistently commit to projects, we will try to give you as many projects as we can!
- As we expand, there may be an opportunity to be a permanent part of our team!
- A list of your available equipment.
- Your day rate schedule.
DON’T THINK YOU ARE FULLY QUALIFIED FOR THIS POSITION BUTSTILLWANT TO WORK WITH US?
If you are passionate about videography, you have some of your own gear and are wanting to expand yourexperience / knowledge, we also accept on-going applications for Secondary Shooters or Interns.
What’s a Secondary Shooter?
- As a secondaryvideographeryou will work directly alongside our lead videographers on projects and work towards getting experience to become a lead videographer.
What is an Intern?
- The SkyArc / Beautiful Life Studios internship program is designed for students studying photography or cinematography programs that are seeking a practical application of their learnings inprofessionalstudio. We want to support the growth of local talent in our community and help increase the standards in our industry. Accepted candidates will be paired with one of our core photographers or cinematographers to learn about the day to day operations of a professional studio. You will work a minimum of 3 days per week (one dayin-studio training,one dayediting andone dayshooting).
Please indicate in your application if you think you might be better suited in one of those roles.
- If you want to show extra initiative, we always appreciate a 1-2 minute video application stating who you are and why you think you would be a good fit for the position.
- Internship, Freelance
- videography: 1 year (Preferred)
- Toronto, ON (Preferred)
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Show your interest:
Not sure what to write? Use a template:
When are you available to work on this project?
What's your rate for this job?
Enter your day rate if there's not enough information or it's an ongoing project. You can change this after speaking with the client.
How long will it take? (Optional)
If there's enough information, give an estimate of how long this job will take.
What's your usual day rate? (Optional)
Set your deposit rate:
If approved, the buyer will pay a deposit of 80%