Photographer in Toronto, ON,Canada
GradImages® is currently searching for photographers to work with us during graduation events in Toronto, ON Canada and around the surrounding area.
Do you have photography experience using a DSLR camera? Are you looking for a way to make some extra money, have reliable transportation and a flexible schedule? We may have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are looking for photographers who have at least 1 year of photography experience using a DSLR camera to take photos during graduation events and ceremonies that take place in the Spring (April – June) and Winter graduation seasons (November – December) each year. Our goal is to hire photographers with good customer service skills who are also able to take good quality photos using a DSLR camera at a fast pace. Our company provides the camera equipment.
Graduations are formal events and because of this our dress code is strict. All of our photographers have to possess and be able to wear a dark suit to any events they work with us (dark dress pants, matching jacket/blazer, dress shirt and dress shoes (men have to wear a tie).
The pay for our incoming photographers is $60 - $90 per graduation ceremony and ceremonies usually last around 4 hours (+/-). That equals to $15 - $22.50 / hour. For stellar employees who have good image reviews, are dependable, always on time (early), always dressed appropriately, and have great attitudes with the teams and our clients; Raises are given based on performance, attitude, availability and reliability. Our company also reimburses our photographers for their travel mileage to and from any events they work @ $.51 / mile. Starting pay is determined by event area and experience.
The main responsibilities for our graduation photographers (not limited to)
- Using company equipment (Nikon) to take good quality photographs of graduates during graduation events and ceremonies
- Having reliable transportation and traveling to and from graduation events
- Working with team captains and assistants to ensure photography during graduation events runs as smoothly as possible while providing excellent customer service to clients, graduates and their families.
Photographers are not required to do any post production editing or selling
- At least 1 year of DSLR camera experience (professional, educational, freelance or any combination), with the ability to quickly take good quality, consistent photos of each and every graduate as their names are called during graduation ceremonies
- The ability to provide quality customer service to clients, graduates and their families.
- The ability to work quickly and efficiently. The ability to react quickly and make good decisions while multi-tasking at a very fast pace.
- You must possess and be able to adhere to the strict dress code: ALL PHOTOGRAPHERS MUST OWN AND WEAR DARK COLORED BUSINESS SUITS and appropriate / coordinating shoes.
- All of our photographers must maintain a professional appearance and give consideration to neatness and cleanliness.
- The ability to stand, move quickly and hold the camera for the duration of any graduation ceremonies in indoor or outdoor settings sometimes on uneven terrain. The ability to lift up to 50 lbs and stand for 4-8 hours.
- All of our photographers must be dependable once they’ve confirmed to work an event with us. The ability to adhere to a previously confirmed schedule, arrive on time / early for events and stay for the duration of scheduled events is a must.
- Candidates may be subject to a background check and social media review.
- Photography: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- DSLR Camera: 1 year (Preferred)
- Toronto, ON (Preferred)
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your hourly rate budget range? (USD)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Show your interest:
Not sure what to write? Use a template:
When are you available to work on this project?
What's your rate for this job?
Enter your day rate if there's not enough information or it's an ongoing project. You can change this after speaking with the client.
How long will it take? (Optional)
If there's enough information, give an estimate of how long this job will take.
What's your usual day rate? (Optional)
Set your deposit rate:
If approved, the buyer will pay a deposit of 80%