Animator (LEO Learning) Brighton, UK
We are looking for creative and versatile 2D freelance motion graphics designers to join our contract books to help us cover busy periods.
You will be responsible for storyboarding and building a range of stand-alone animations and full motion videos that incorporate visual effects. If you understand how to follow a creative brief, turn it into high quality motion, illustration and character design that works across a range of animation and video styles then this could suit you.
You will be proficient in Adobe After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop, have a strong understanding of audio and able to deliver high quality visuals using a broad range of techniques including character design, hand drawn and vector illustration, photographic manipulation and typography.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
A few more details on what the contract jobs may involve:
- Designing and creating engaging motion graphics for video deliverables
- Storyboarding animations to a high level of finish following a written script
- Understanding the Art Direction, and apply these styles to the motion/character designs
- Adding effects/elements/motion graphics to existing video content
- Creating video composites, keying, rotoscoping
- Syncing animation to audio
- Sourcing music
- Working to the metrics set out by the Lead Animator / Moving Image Manager
- Ensuring work is accurate and completed on time
- Keeping the Project Manager and relevant creative lead fully informed on progress
- Communicating any time savings in advance to the team
- Delivering a first-class customer service experience at all times
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Strong illustration skills
- Adaptable to different styles of animation (e.g. 2.5D, talk and draw, motion graphics, kinetic text, character animation)
- Solid understanding of traditional animation; design techniques; composition, green screen tracking and typography
- Excellent ability to take a script and translate into a visual storyboard
- Good ability in syncing animation to audio and sourcing music when required
- Good understanding of typography and layout
- Good understanding and application of brand guidelines
- Good standard of spelling and grammar
- Have a keen eye for quality and exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Basic understanding of MS Office tools (PowerPoint, Word)
We are ideally looking for candidates that are available to work in our Sheffield or Brighton Offices.
At LEO we offer a competitive salary and an impressive benefits package including a healthcare cash plan, life assurance, pension contributions, a ShareSave scheme, flexible working, a discretionary bonus scheme and travel loans along with access to Perkbox for individually tailored benefits and offers. All that and great bean-to-cup coffee and fresh fruit in our UK offices.
The rate for this role is £180 - £220 per day, dependent on experience.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Show your interest:
Not sure what to write? Use a template:
When are you available to work on this project?
What's your rate for this job?
Enter your day rate if there's not enough information or it's an ongoing project. You can change this after speaking with the client.
How long will it take? (Optional)
If there's enough information, give an estimate of how long this job will take.
What's your usual day rate? (Optional)
Set your deposit rate:
If approved, the buyer will pay a deposit of 80%