Photographer in Chicago, IL, USA
Threadless is made up of creatives from all over the world who come together to make great art.
We started with just tees, but tons of products make great canvases. While we work with partners to find these canvases for our artists, it’s our community who makes and picks the best art for us to offer.
At Threadless, we “Make Great Together!”
As a Freelance Photographer for Threadless, you will be responsible for creating quality photo images and editing raw photographs in a fast pace environment. The ideal candidate has a solid understanding of lighting, camera equipment, and editing.
You’ll be doing the following (and then some):
- Responsible for lighting and shooting digital photography for a wide range of products (apparel, footwear, accessories etc.), and editorial images in an effort to inspire and engage our customers and fans
- Collaborate with the Brand team, and Lead Photographer to come up with product advertising concepts and then create compelling images of those products in full environments for product pages, social, and other marketing initiatives
- Bulk image editing and resizing
- Weekly indoor and outdoor photoshoots with new product launches
- Ability to work in a variety of indoor or outdoor settings
- Arrange still life objects, products, props and backgrounds
- Maintain photo equipment and cleanliness of studio when working in our HQ space
- Design and produce photographs for our graphic designer to use for ads, banners, landing pages, campaigns, etc.
- Provide creative feedback to our graphic designer when relevant
- Perform media research, trend and competitor analysis to help find creative solutions for our marketing initiatives
We work in an open and casual office in the center of Chicago’s thriving West Loop neighborhood. If you’re interested in bold and bright content creation, if you have a fierce love of photography, set design and creating clever imagery, and if you want to collaborate on a kickass team of amazing creatives, drop us a line!
- Must have Photo Styling experience using props, product, etc.
- Must know Adobe Creative Suite and be able to edit bulk imagery, product overlays + more in a timely fashion
- Must have access to a DSLR camera and lighting equipment when producing content offsite
- 4 year college degree in photography or similar industry experience
- Work history includes a fashion or e-commerce brand
- Familiar with Project Management software like Basecamp or similar
- Comfortable directing creative
- Work in a casual environment with talented, innovative people
- Canine co-workers, table tennis, foosball, bottomless LaCroix, endless snacks and catered Monday breakfasts
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Show your interest:
Not sure what to write? Use a template:
When are you available to work on this project?
What's your rate for this job?
Enter your day rate if there's not enough information or it's an ongoing project. You can change this after speaking with the client.
How long will it take? (Optional)
If there's enough information, give an estimate of how long this job will take.
What's your usual day rate? (Optional)
Set your deposit rate:
If approved, the buyer will pay a deposit of 80%