Web Developer in Canada
Top Draw is looking to add another enthusiastic and experienced Intermediate Web Developer on our development team. The successful applicant will work full-time out of our downtown office during our regular hours. Attention to detail, best practices, and working with a team to meet deadlines are critical parts of the job.
2+ years of experience as a web developer in a professional setting (in-house, agency, or freelance) are a must. The successful applicant has created custom themes and plugins for WordPress, and is keen to build on those skills.
You must have
- WordPress custom theming and plugin experience
- Ability to produce clean, well-documented code
- Experience working in Photoshop and Sketch
- Responsive web design/development techniques
- HTML/CSS (Including Sass & Flexbox)
- Experience working with different environments for development and production
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug website issues
Assets we would like you to have
- Experience collaborating with a variety of other roles, including developers, designers, account managers, and digital marketers
- Server/Hosting/DNS management knowledge
- Git version control experience
- Cross-browser/cross-device testing experience
- Optimizing sites for page load
- NPM/Gulp (or Yarn/Webpack)
- Laravel experience
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Google Analytics/Google Tag Manager knowledge
What you get to do
- Convert designs to custom responsive WordPress themes
- Complete small to medium-sized projects from start to finish
- Maintain and modify existing code bases, including site maintenance
- Work with a wide range of clients and websites in a number of different industries
- Support digital marketing efforts
- Act as a technical resource for other team members
- Assess new technologies
- Estimate hours for proposals and statements of work
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
- An extra paid week of vacation over the winter holidays
- Flex time
- Free downtown parking
- Our office is three blocks from Grandin Station and on a main bus route
- Options for your desk set up
-PC vs Mac
-Sit vs stand
- Free coffee, snacks, and beverages
- Professional development support
-Opportunities for public speaking
- Summer events on our rooftop patio
- A creative, friendly place to work with an amazing team of experts to learn from
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Show your interest:
Not sure what to write? Use a template:
When are you available to work on this project?
What's your rate for this job?
Enter your day rate if there's not enough information or it's an ongoing project. You can change this after speaking with the client.
How long will it take? (Optional)
If there's enough information, give an estimate of how long this job will take.
What's your usual day rate? (Optional)
Set your deposit rate:
If approved, the buyer will pay a deposit of 80%