Content Developer in Toronto, ON, Canada
What We Do:
HCI’s exemplary public relations, content development, and digital marketing services embrace engineering creativity. We become an integral part of our clients’ teams, constantly nurturing media relationships, assessing customers’ needs, and cooperatively working on planned initiatives. The caliber and heart of the HCI team ensures client initiatives are handled with care, excellence, and industry-focused expertise. We are a virtual agency and work across multiple time zones and languages, within a structure where the needs of clients and staff alike are understood and cared for.
Who You Are:
- You are an intermediate to senior level content writer who:
- Has written and managed all phases and tasks related to the writing and preparation of client marketing content while maintaining best practices, standards and processes.
- Has experience developing materials to support marketing objectives, lead generation and PR outreach including articles, press releases, case studies, white papers and blog posts
- Has 3-4 years experience working within the technology sector
- Takes content quality and deadlines very seriously
- Has a university degree or college diploma in marketing, business, or a related field and/or you have a background in engineering and are able to translate technical language into interesting, readable content
- Has 3-5 years of experience in communications and/or writing about technology
- Has excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, and the ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision
- Is detail oriented with the ability to accurately and efficiently proofread all communications for accuracy and brand compliance
- Has superior organization skills with the ability to prioritize and successfully manage projects in a fast-paced environment
- Is positive, personable, collaborative, confident (not arrogant) and approachable
- Is driven and motivated to achieve team goals while working remotely
- Has a portfolio with a variety of work samples to share (please include)
- Has references from past clients and colleagues who are happy to sing your praises (please include)
- Knowledge of or experience in these industries: Internet of Things (IoT), embedded systems, robotics and automation, content management systems (CMS)
- Contract, Freelance
- technology sector (either as a writer or engineer): 2 years (Preferred)
- writing for marketing or PR: 3 years (Required)
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Show your interest:
Not sure what to write? Use a template:
When are you available to work on this project?
What's your rate for this job?
Enter your day rate if there's not enough information or it's an ongoing project. You can change this after speaking with the client.
How long will it take? (Optional)
If there's enough information, give an estimate of how long this job will take.
What's your usual day rate? (Optional)
Set your deposit rate:
If approved, the buyer will pay a deposit of 80%