QA Automation Engineer (iOS) in London, UK
We are looking for a freelance QA Automation Engineer for an iOS project, hence experience specifically testing iOS apps using XCTest and XCUITest and knowledge of the iOS ecosystem is a must.
The freelance assignment will start beginning of Feb for 3 months with the possibility of extension.
At ustwo we shape, design, build and test digital products. We help our clients find solutions to their business problems. Those solutions can live in a small screen or a big screen, running anything from Android to iOS to web. Sometimes, the solution doesn’t need a screen at all. Our teams work in a collaborative cross-discipline environment where everyone is responsible for quality and encouraged to look beyond their immediate role.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
We believe passionately that diverse teams help us make better services and products. We actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, stories and backgrounds. It adds value and impact to our clients and industry
Testers are 1st class citizens of the product development process, not an afterthought. Our testers are part of the creative process all the way from inception to shipping.
- What kind of things will you be doing on a project?
- Participating in sketching sessions
- Writing automation tests in XCTest and XCUITest
- Pairing with developers when needed to fix bugs
- Participating in and eventually leading BDD and Example Mapping sessions
- Exploratory and manual testing
- Pairing with UI and UX designers to ensure the product meets our client expectations
- Actively seek to pair with developers to determine best testing strategies and development architectures as well as to gain better understanding of the app.
- Championing quality in all aspects of the product
- Exploring the product from a user perspective
- Maintaining tools and building systems related to the project
- Contributing to open source projects of tools that ustwo maintains
- Writing and maintaining code bases of all sizes
Who Are We Looking for?
- We consider a natural curiosity for how systems work, an eye for detail, and a methodical approach as the fundamental baseline for testers.
- We strongly believe in cross discipline collaboration and have found that BDD is the best (but not the only) process for getting the whole team to sit down and talk before implementing new stories or features. Testers champion the BDD process and use it as a base for whatever automation might be necessary.
- We are looking for testers comfortable reading and writing in Swift and Java. 3+ years experience testing with current UI automation and exploratory testing tools.
- Any extra knowledge about CI / CD servers, platform specific development tools, device farms, etc. would be greatly appreciated.
- Above anything else we are a people centred company that strives to create the best opportunities for the best people in the industry. We just so happen to have an amazing studio space and great tools for learning and sharing. Competitive day rates offered based on experience.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Show your interest:
Not sure what to write? Use a template:
When are you available to work on this project?
What's your rate for this job?
Enter your day rate if there's not enough information or it's an ongoing project. You can change this after speaking with the client.
How long will it take? (Optional)
If there's enough information, give an estimate of how long this job will take.
What's your usual day rate? (Optional)
Set your deposit rate:
If approved, the buyer will pay a deposit of 80%