Digital Project Manager in Birmingham, UK
Spark44 is a unique advertising agency. Established as a joint venture with Jaguar Land Rover globally, we’re not an in house department; we’re a separate business with a specialism in automotive and luxury goods across all platforms.
Our motto reflects our agency culture, “Be Bold. Be Brave. Be Honest”. We value individuals who are unafraid to question the status quo, who challenge authority and fight for the best idea. We are a fun, tight-knit group and strive to be the best in our business.
The Project Manager’s focus is to successfully manage projects closely with their Account Management counterpart and act as a liaison between Creative, UX, Authoring, Resource Management, Finance and any third party agencies. Although the Project Management function has an internal focus, they must also have direct client conversations. In addition to managing the projects internally and with Client partners, the Project Manager also oversees production and Spark’s supplier relationships.
- Estimating projects
- Establish and manage project plans and budgets
- Collaborate with internal Spark teams and the external Agency partners to resolve issues
- Assist and support team members as needed
- Help to improve process in conjunction with the project management team and the creative services team
- Book creative resource and ensure they are briefed in a timely manner
- Brief all relevant internal teams in order to deliver all markets for Global launch
- Understand impact of client decisions and able to advise as required
- Guide and advise less experienced members of the Project Management team
Project Creation and Set Up
- Work with Finance to ensure jobs are created as needed
- Create scopes of work to ensure accuracy and clarity of projects
- Assign project codes and establish server locations for files. Ensure everyone working on the job has access to the project code and assigns time as required
- Schedule resource and internal kick off meetings
- Create project plans and guide team to meet deadlines
Project Maintenance and Delivery
- Schedule internal meetings and ensure client reviews are set up by the Account Manager
- Ensure work is approved internally ready for client review based on timing plan
- Manage internal and client reviews until final approval
- Gather costs and issue estimates
- Ensure agency compliance with client policies
- Manage supplier relationships as appropriate
- May need to help with overseeing production, clearance, cataloging and delivery of final assets to partners for trafficking and delivery
- Brief Market team and authoring team on projects in order to deliver all markets for launch date
Project Reporting and Tracking
- Ensure that current approved projects are tracked and filed appropriately
- Prepare and manage weekly status reports for all open projects
- Ensure all open jobs are added to the Finance tracker
- Collaborate with internal Spark teams and the external client partners to resolve any issues that pertain to production scheduling, reviews, or asset delivery throughout the project
- Manage final invoices/billing and closing of projects with Finance
- Internal wash up meetings with the digital project management team
- Attend and contribute to client wash up meetings
This is a role for a highly motivated individual that possesses the following:
- Digital Project management experience within an agency whilst managing website globalisation.
- Experience project managing global brand websites (desirable)
- Experience working with responsive design, UX, user testing and external development teams (desirable)
- Print production experience would be a plus but not required
- Formal project management methodology experience e.g. Agile, Prince2 (desirable)
- Luxury/automotive advertising experience is a plus but not required
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Show your interest:
Not sure what to write? Use a template:
When are you available to work on this project?
What's your rate for this job?
Enter your day rate if there's not enough information or it's an ongoing project. You can change this after speaking with the client.
How long will it take? (Optional)
If there's enough information, give an estimate of how long this job will take.
What's your usual day rate? (Optional)
Set your deposit rate:
If approved, the buyer will pay a deposit of 80%