Assistant Editor in Marina del Rey, CA, USA
Steelhead is looking for a talented assistant editor who is hardworking, detail-oriented, and well versed in a variety of post-production software and hardware. This position is an integral part of every project; from ingesting and transcoding footage to making sure its frame accurate in the final conform.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive, ingest, and transcode footage
- Prepare projects for edit by logging, breaking down and syncing footage, pulling selects and creating string-outs
- Assist Editors in video editing; building assemblies
- Prep and conform finishing sessions (EDLs/OMFs)
- Convert all deliverables to output specs and prepare Wiredrive links
- Project archival and organization
- SFX, music and stock footage research
- Troubleshoot technical problems
- A high level understanding of the technical and creative workflow in advertising/TV commercial post production
- 2-years experience as an Assistant Editor
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere
- Knowledge of full Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of codecs, conversions, and digital and broadcast delivery specs
- Must be responsible, organized, self motivated, and a positive attitude
- A strong desire to be an Editor
Steelhead is a full-service content studio in Playa Vista that produces everything from television commercials, digital and branded content to episodic and unscripted entertainment. The studio houses a team of editors, producers, animators, VFX artists, motion graphic designers and directors. Steelhead’s state-of-the-art facility has a 7,000 sq. ft. sound stage and 48,000 sq. ft. workspace that offers full pre and post-production services.
- $300.00 to $450.00 /day
- Adobe Premiere: 2 years (Required)
- Post Production: 2 years (Required)
- Adobe Creative Suite: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity:
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Show your interest:
Not sure what to write? Use a template:
When are you available to work on this project?
What's your rate for this job?
Enter your day rate if there's not enough information or it's an ongoing project. You can change this after speaking with the client.
How long will it take? (Optional)
If there's enough information, give an estimate of how long this job will take.
What's your usual day rate? (Optional)
Set your deposit rate:
If approved, the buyer will pay a deposit of 80%