Art Director/Senior Designer in London, UK 🌎
BMF is an award winning global integrated agency headquartered in NYC with offices in Miami, Austin, Los Angeles and London. We bring people face-to-face with brand stories in order to create authentic narratives, and establish meaningfulrelationships that convert into measurable business results. We strive to employ a diverse team of thinkers and doers with varied backgrounds, perspectives, and skill sets who can execute on any platform, scale, or continent.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
Does this sound like you?
Our growing and dynamic creative team is now looking for a Freelance Art Director/Senior Designer to participate in brainstorms and creation of concepts for best-of-class user experiences. You will conceptualize event ideas through participation in brainstorms and on your own. You will also develop compelling visual including mood boards and renderings for clients presentations from creation, and then once sold-in, to final event graphics.
What a day in the life will look like:
You will be responsible for the development and execution of creative concepts and ideas for a wide variety of events and brand activations:
- Participate in project brainstorms.
- Work closely with the Senior Designer and Creative Director to explore, refine, and select a creative direction for each project
- Generate a range of concepts to present to the Senior Designer and Creative Director at the start of each project.
- Design all aspects of event including but not limited to: internal presentations, spatial design, invites, printed collateral, event builds.
- Manage relationships and communication with a wide variety of fabricators and vendors.
- Work with vendors to obtain quotes during the decor design process.
- Generate floor plans using AutoCAD and SketchUp.
- Work closely with Experiential team to develop concepts for clients in presale, and create visually arresting representations of these concepts to sell the idea through.
- Communicate frequently with production studio vendors and manage the full build of assigned project. This will include technical drawings, design briefs, illustrator drawings, and elevations.
- Work with the Production Director and Senior Designer to design décor elements that meet safety standards, can be produced efficiently, and can be installed and de-installed safely and on time.
- Work with Production Director and Senior Designer to develop an on-site installation plan.
- Generate all final decor files for production.
- Participate in production meetings with venue managers and vendors.
- Oversee the decor installation on-site. Anticipate challenges and come up with creative solutions that meet project and budget goals during project installs.
What you need to succeed at BMF:
You must have:
- 5 to 8 years of experience working in experiential event design.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch-Up or other 3D program, Microsoft Office.
- Strong graphic and typography design skills.
- Solid knowledge of print production.
- Highly organized and deadline oriented.
- Adept at working independently on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Eye for kitsch to high end.
- Experience working directly with clients.
- Good communicator at all levels of organization.
- Comfortable working in fluid environments.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page