UX/UI Designer in Austin, TX, USA
This is a 40 hours/week contract position lasting 4 - 6 months.
As a user experience writer, you are first and foremost an advocate for the user. Your goal is to help shape experiences that go beyond simply delivering content and utility by connecting with users through meaningful and memorable experiences. Your tools to do so are words that you craft into copy, calls to action, scripts, voice-user interfaces, etc., and these executions are a perfect balance of storytelling and clarity. You do this in collaboration with research, analytics, producer, UX and development team members. The work you do is creative and innovative and often inspires your peers.
- Conduct heuristic evaluations, content gap and competitive analyses
- Author personas and user scenarios based on project discovery findings
- Work with clients and internal team to define business objectives and project goals
- Collaborate with brand planners and UX designers to create a content strategy
- Write copy that is informed by brand voice and tone, subject matter expertise, UX and SEO best practices, and a willingness to break convention when appropriate
- Actively participate in improving the usability of systems by attending usability testing sessions and interpreting results
- Effectively present work internally
- A passion for all things digital (platforms, trends, data, devices, etc.)
- A curiosity for how people interact with technology and a desire to simplify the customer journey at every possible touch point
- Experience working on a wide variety of projects that range from large-scale sites to apps to voice and experiential activations
- Examples of work (site) must be submitted with explanation of role on a few key projects
- 3-5 years of experience
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Show your interest:
Not sure what to write? Use a template:
When are you available to work on this project?
What's your rate for this job?
Enter your day rate if there's not enough information or it's an ongoing project. You can change this after speaking with the client.
How long will it take? (Optional)
If there's enough information, give an estimate of how long this job will take.
What's your usual day rate? (Optional)
Set your deposit rate:
If approved, the buyer will pay a deposit of 80%