Front-end UI developer in Glasgow, UK
We’re looking for an experienced freelance Front-end Developer to join our award-winning development team. You will be an experienced developer with a detailed focus on creating accurate, performant and semantic front end mark up and styles. You will be expert in best practice techniques for creating readable, modular and modern SASS style sheets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Day to day duties will revolve around building responsive web applications to high standards, customising current applications in line with changing business needs, and thoroughly testing your work across many different platforms and devices. This is a great opportunity for individuals wanting to work with cutting edge technology. You should be an experienced developer and have a strong interest in learning about and leveraging new technologies. A successful applicant will be a self-starter who can demonstrate attention to detail via thorough planning, communication and execution.
Ideally you’ll be a web developer who is familiar with the full lifecycle of a web project, from technical planning to front-end and back-end development, and have at least 3 years’ experience working in a digital agency environment. You’ll be used to multi-tasking across multiple projects during the working week.
Experience with Umbraco CMS is a bonus!
To be considered, you will have:
- Expertise SASS / CSS, HTML5 and CSS3 capabilities.
- Expertise in configuring and working with task runners / bundlers like Gulp and Webpack.
- A keen eye for detail when translating design requirements into interactive front end applications.
- A strong desire to be an innovator within web.
- A strong portfolio of web projects
- Passion for using modern web technologies and techniques at the forefront of Front-end
- Experience developing software using current design standards and to contribute to setting new standards
- Experience designing with consideration to a variety of device widths for responsive and adaptive web
- Be comfortable with typography and web layouts
- A solid grounding in technical SEO best practices
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ability to provide accurate estimations and work within budget
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive experience in building responsive websites, using a mobile first approach
- Ability to pick up and learn existing projects quickly
- Self-sufficient and able to work alone, but can also work in an Agile development team
- Focused on performance and knows how to get the best out of their code
- Experience working to and extending existing design guidelines
- Ability to determine unique and creative solutions to problems within a rapid development environment
- A quick learner who is comfortable picking up new technologies
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience using task runners such as Gulp, Webpack or Grunt is desirable
- Working knowledge of Flexbox and CSS Grid would be beneficial
- Working knowledge of a front-end framework preferably React or Vue
- Experience in using Node.js is desirable
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Show your interest:
Not sure what to write? Use a template:
When are you available to work on this project?
What's your rate for this job?
Enter your day rate if there's not enough information or it's an ongoing project. You can change this after speaking with the client.
How long will it take? (Optional)
If there's enough information, give an estimate of how long this job will take.
What's your usual day rate? (Optional)
Set your deposit rate:
If approved, the buyer will pay a deposit of 80%