Production Designer in New York, NY, USA
What we’re looking for
- The Production Designer is responsible for executing and versioning out designs, directed by the Lead Designer, and occasionally creating work within the brand. They collaborate with designers to version and format artwork, make sure everything is in its correct place prior to printing, as well as collect, process and upload files.
The Production Designer needs a keen eye for detail and a solid technical background, and the knowledge to ensure artwork is production-ready and projects are on time. They also must have strong typographic skills, layout skills, organizational abilities and excellent file-categorizing prowess.
This is a long-term freelance role.
Here’s what you’ll do
- Collaborate with Lead Designers and across internal teams to execute design solutions which support the overall brand campaign
- Manage scheduling and coordination of project deliverables with project team lead
- Prepare materials for client and internal meetings
- Balance creative requirements with brand and client business objectives
- Execute design directions, including (but not limited to) animations, presentation materials, social channel design support, digital UI, photo retouching, etc.
- Provide quality assurance on creative deliverables
Your strengths include
- Demonstrated ability to take direction and prioritize while juggling multiple projects at once in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Proactive and resourceful with strong problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Excellent relationship-building and influence skills. Personable and trustworthy
- Strong self-starter who takes full responsibility and ownership of the tasks before them
- Fun, friendly and professional demeanor
- Detail-oriented. Emphasis on grammatical skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Graphic Design, Fine Arts or related field
- Minimum 1-3 years of creative design work experience
- Working knowledge of the latest versions of Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- Proficient in Google Apps and Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of pre-flight for print and web
- Ability to articulate creative ideas
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page