Digital Systems Developer in Orlando, FL, USA
Digital Systems Developer
At etech, our mission is to design and deliver visual communication solutions for the meetings and events industry that engage, inform, and inspire in measurable ways - elevating the attendee experience and helping our clients connect with their audiences.
For more than 20 years, etech has been known as an event technology integrator that has leveraged core systems like AV and Networked Digital Signage to provide the technology infrastructure for a “smart” event. Serving the corporate event market, for the Fortune 1000, Agencies, and Production Companies, our stellar team of project managers, IT professionals, and creative experts work together to display greatness.
We rely on temporary/seasonal freelance talent to make our events successful. We are seeking “hands on” developers to create and design digital signage, and to set up and run the digital signage onsite at various events. This position will require travel to exciting venues and locales. This is a temporary/freelance, event based position.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
Role Overview, Requirements & Responsibilities
- 1-3 years professional work experience with an emphasis on delivering innovative solutions or recent grad who has completed UCF Coding Bootcamp or similar program.
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, Web Development, or related field
- Experience/education in design and/or management of SQL/Relational Databases
- Ability to troubleshoot network and display hardware, software and operating systems
- Plan and organize digital signage design and development projects, at times taking an active lead on an event
- Physically set and install monitors, network cabling and equipment to build temporary networks
- Experience writing code to connect to APIs and a strong familiarity with other technologies used for data integrations and processing: SQL (SQLServer, MySQL, Access) and web services (REST, XML, JSON and HTTPs)
- Organizational skills and attention to detail are a must
- Provide personalized customer service with a sense of humor
Our ideal candidate should be a self-starter with a customer service mindset in addition to strong technical skills. We are not seeking network or help desk technicians. We are looking for a self starter who thrives off of solving problems, providing solutions and takes pride in their work.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to get their foot in the door of our exciting, growing company. If you’d like to work in a high performance, quick witted and entrepreneurial culture, we’d like to talk to you.
Working hours and day will vary based on the needs of the event and the support necessary to complete requested scope of work. A flexible schedule and travel (30%) is required. Overtime is likely and required when needed to support client needs.
Ability to perform job duties that may include an above average amount of lifting, 45lbs.+ on a regular basis, sitting, bending, stooping and standing is required and remaining engaged in core jobs duties for lengthy periods of time.
This position is a temporary/seasonal hourly non-exempt position commensurate with experience.
etech is an Equal Opportunity Employer – We welcome you to apply!
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page