Video Editor in Seattle, WA, USA
CreatorUp! is a digital creative studio and the world’s leading digital media training company, powering clients like Google, YouTube, SXSW, and more. We’re passionate about sharing industry-leading knowledge to unlock the power of content.
We are seeking a video editor in Seattle, WA who has a background/experience in animation. This individual must be able to work on a tight schedule and meet deadlines, be organized and efficient in their editing, is a good communicator and listener who can be easily reached, and pays close attention to details.
Animation experience is required as CreatorUp will be constructing videos with a large amount of animated assets, ranging from basic graphics to fully animated videos.
Responsibilities and Duties
Your work as an animation editor will involve:
- creating 2D computer animations that will be used to form a range of short videos (average of 3-5 minutes)
- creating a ‘rough cut’ (or assembly edit) of the video and determining the exact cutting for the next and final cuts
- reordering and fine-tuning the content to ensure the logical sequencing and smooth running of the video
- communicate with post production team on a regular basis to implement all changes requested by clients
- backing up and delivering all files/projects on a hard drive at the completion of the edit
Additional tasks may include:
- overseeing the quality and progress of audio and sound design
- creating and cutting graphics into the video
- color correcting
- suggesting or selecting music
Qualifications and Skills
Your qualifications as an editor must include:
- 3-5 years of experience as a professional video editor/animator
- proficient with professional video editing software and animation software
- access to professional video editing and animation software on a - personal device (desktop or laptop)
- able to edit off of hard drives
- background in digital/branded content
- high level of attention to detail
- able to communicate on a daily basis with post production team
- include a demo reel in your resume/application
Secondary qualifications include:
- experience with Adobe Creative Cloud
- experience with sound design
- able to work in-house
While this is a temporary/freelance position, part-time and full-time positions as in-house editors may be available for individuals who prove to be exceptional. This will be determined based on an outstanding combination of the responsibilities and skills outlined above.
- Video Editing: 3 years (Required)
- Animation: 3 years (Required)
- One location
- Remote/Work from home
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Show your interest:
Not sure what to write? Use a template:
When are you available to work on this project?
What's your rate for this job?
Enter your day rate if there's not enough information or it's an ongoing project. You can change this after speaking with the client.
How long will it take? (Optional)
If there's enough information, give an estimate of how long this job will take.
What's your usual day rate? (Optional)
Set your deposit rate:
If approved, the buyer will pay a deposit of 80%