Video Content Producer/Editor in Toronto, ON, Canada
J. Walter Thompson is actively seeking a collaborative and resourceful Video Content Producer/Editor to work at our in-house post-production division, Sauce Video. Reporting to the Head of Integrated Content & Broadcast, the successful candidate excels at directing, shooting and editing video & digital content and the efficient day-to-day running of a post-production division.
This position is based in the Toronto office.
Sauce Video has experienced and cost-efficient production capabilities including shooting, editing, motion graphics, audio record, and animatic development and can be leveraged for multiple platform and testing needs.
Please submit your resume and a link to a portfolio that includes examples of shot content and edited content.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
- Collaborate with creative teams to create best in class content for online & social platforms.
- Draft video proposals and create shot lists based on script needs.
- Manage all aspects of shoot, inclusive of casting, location, wardrobe, crew, and equipment needs.
- Capture quality video content and manage post production through to final finish.
- Offline editorial for broadcast, digital (including banner ads and packages for multi-media formats), case study videos, award show submissions, animatics, and much more.
- Communicate directly with producers, account team and creatives to organize jobs.
- Build relationships with external suppliers and vendors.
- Manage post-production budgets and timelines for all projects in Sauce - Video and see to corresponding administrative duties and revenue reporting.
- Distribute editor work load and track job status; engage with Head of - Integrated Content & Broadcast when freelance assistance is required.
- Other projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Key Attributes
- 5+ years proven work experience required in the field of content shooting and video editing, supported by a strong portfolio.
- Commercial broadcast and online digital experience required.
- Previous experience working at post-production house an asset; preference for post-production experience at an advertising agency.
- Working knowledge of Actra & UdA union rules and regulations.
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages required; preference for Premiere and/or Final Cut, After Effects or equivalent.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Creative mind and storytelling skills.
- Self-starter who takes ownership and responsibility.
- Highly organized with a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively.
- Agile and nimble in approach
All resumes will be reviewed.
Those selected for interviews will be contacted.
J. Walter Thompson welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
J. Walter Thompson (JWT) the world’s best-known marketing communications brand has been reimagining the future for businesses for over 154 years. Headquartered in New York City, JWT is a true global network with more than 200 offices in over 90 countries, employing nearly 10,000 innovators and change agents. Known for our award-winning work and leading initiatives, JWT was the very first agency to air a TV commercial, the first to establish a global advertising presence, the first in the industry to hire a female copywriter, and the very first to teach a computer to paint like Rembrandt. While we reimagine the future for our clients, we will continue to break new ground and revolutionize the power of our legacy through the campaigns that we create.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Show your interest:
Not sure what to write? Use a template:
When are you available to work on this project?
What's your rate for this job?
Enter your day rate if there's not enough information or it's an ongoing project. You can change this after speaking with the client.
How long will it take? (Optional)
If there's enough information, give an estimate of how long this job will take.
What's your usual day rate? (Optional)
Set your deposit rate:
If approved, the buyer will pay a deposit of 80%