Art Director in London, UK
Debenhams is currently embarking on a business wide transformation via our Debenhams Redesigned strategy. We are focused on putting our customers at the heart of everything we do, investing heavily in analytics to further understand our shoppers and allow us to deliver a ‘confidence boosting, sociable and fun’ experience.
We are placing emphasis on our in-store and digital experience, to make Debenhams a leading Digital and Different high street Destination. In order to achieve our exciting new goals, we need the best talent in the market!
If you bring an innovative, collaborative and customer centric approach, and aren’t afraid of a challenge we want to talk to you!
- Art Director/Photographer - Freelance Opportunities
- Division: Marketing & Beauty
- Level: Middle Management
- Location: London Support Center, Regents Place, NW1 3FG.
We are on the look out for freelance Art Directors who are open to future opportunities and possibilities. This role is highly creative and varied and is an exciting opportunity to grow your skill set further as a freelancer as you will always be superseding expectations and raising the bar, ensuring synergy across all channels! As a freelancer you could be responsible for delivering photographic and creative solutions to supporting the strategy and driving sales. We are keen to speak to creative freelancers with art direction experience that are open to hearing about future opportunities.
What you will be doing
- Takes ownership of the brand identity, brand profiles and the Designers at Debenhams DNA incorporating this into the shoot creative in the UK and Internationally across all areas of the business; campaigns, in store, windows, online, print, editorial, marketing, packaging, branding, video, GIFS, PR, social, food, events, still life.
- Works at pace and is responsible for ensuring shoots are delivered on time, budget. Signs off creative with Senior Photography Manager and Head of Photography.
- Responsible for liaising with Photography Coordinator for sample handovers ensuring all product handed over has been signed off.
- Work with Stylist to sign off all styling and product. Responsible for own packing and liaises with the Photography Production Manager to organise logistics and planning of shoots.
- On shoots acts as a brand ambassador for Debenhams liaising and building the strongest relationships possible with external talent to produce the best shoots possible and assets required.
- Post shoots manages deadlines, edits, retouching briefs and sign off. -Work collaboratively with marketing and key stakeholders to use the best imagery possible for different mediums/design layouts.
- When required designs and signs off layouts and brochures and works alongside copywriters.
- Responsible for briefing Retoucher on all requirements and priorities.
- It is the responsibility of the Senior Art Director to crop the low-res imagery into the Store Collateral Packs and liaise with the Synergy provider to upload all signed off imagery into the right location, with the correct meta data and usage.
- Motivated through trends - drives fresh unexpected content targeted to customer segments.
- Pursues best photographers, models and talent and shares knowledge with the shoot team to create the best photography possible.
- Works with the Photography Production Manager to hold regular castings to source models and updates the library of approved models/suppliers
What you will bring
- Project Management – organisation and planning
- Programme Management – multi-tasking
- Asset Management
- Stakeholder Management – challenging skills
- Knowledge gained from experience in field
- Excel, word, outlook, Photoshop, In Design, Capture One
What you will get in return
- 25% discount in stores and online
- Access to external discounts and promotions through
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Access to In-house Sample Sales
- Early Finish Fridays on Pay Day
To support this business transformation, our people need to demonstrate:
- Energy – One Team – Ownership – Ambition
- MAKE IT HAPPEN – MAKE IT BRILLIANT – WE’LL BACK YOU ALL THE WAY
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page