Back End Developer in London, UK
As the creators of Pocket Mortys, we’re dedicated to making exciting games for millions of Rick and Morty fans.
Based in Shoreditch, London, we’re on the lookout for talented and motivated individuals to play a major role in the continued success of Pocket Mortys and the development of new mobile titles.
You’ll implement game play logic and features for networked mobile games. You’ll design, implement and optimise live-op services to ensure games can be continually updated with new content and seasonal events. You’ll bring a creative approach to overcome challenges in areas including security, scalability, validation and real-time networking.
- Develop backend game logic and services with C# and Node.js
- Create tools to improve our development pipeline as necessary to maximise our ability to deliver features and content to players
- Take part in all aspects of the sprint lifecycle, from feature design and planning through implementation , launch and live operations support
- Monitor health and performance of features as they go live, debug and quickly resolve server and database issues on games in production
- Working collaboratively within the games team to create new ideas, content and features within the games
- Experience with Rest applications
- Experience with Cloud architecture (AWS)
- Experience in developing complex web or networked applications
- Knowledge of Node.js
- Experience with C#
- Experience with RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL, Redis or similar
- Experience with Docker & Kubernetes
- Experience with real-time multiplayer
- Understanding of architectures, approaches and challenges with regards to multiplayer games
- Fan of pop culture, Rick and Morty, adult humour
- High-profile and popular IP - Rick and Morty
- Industry-leading bonus scheme
- Double-matched pension scheme
- Generous benefits package (health, dental, fitness, to name a few)
- Part of the WarnerMedia family, including HBO, CNN, TNT, Cartoon - Network and Adult Swim Games
- £300.00 to £500.00 /day
Flexible Working Options Available
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Show your interest:
Not sure what to write? Use a template:
When are you available to work on this project?
What's your rate for this job?
Enter your day rate if there's not enough information or it's an ongoing project. You can change this after speaking with the client.
How long will it take? (Optional)
If there's enough information, give an estimate of how long this job will take.
What's your usual day rate? (Optional)
Set your deposit rate:
If approved, the buyer will pay a deposit of 80%