Web Developer in Leicester, UK
The role would be to support on a freelance basis through regular, ongoing projects in a front end and/or back end capacity to create responsive websites for a wide range of clients. Projects would be specified via a design mockup/wireframe and specification list. Experience would NOT be required in WordPress, however any experience would be beneficial.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for the digital industry who can be a valuable member of the team and work with us to stay ahead of technological advancements and new processes. You’ve got to be super organised as in such a small but busy team, you have to be on top of your own workload and take ownership of your tasks. A keen attention to detail is also vital.
Experience required in
- Making websites fully optimised for a variety of devices and users
- Browser testing and bug fixing
- Version control
- Building custom WordPress websites- more than just adapting a pre-made theme
- Domain names and hosting
- Optimisation and speed testing
- Using plugins such as WooCommerce to add further functionality
- Structuring a site through taxonomies/Custom Post Types
- Server administration
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation
- Knowledge of User Experience
- An interest in new or emerging technologies such as CSS Grid, - Progressive Web Apps, AMP
Insight Consultancy is a busy Leicester based digital agency who offer digital marketing, branding and web services for a wide range of small business clients, including social media management, AdWords, branding, print design, email marketing, and of course, website design and development. We’re based on DMU campus in the Innovation Centre, a hub of lively business activity. We take a hugely collaborative and personal approach in what we do for our clients.
- Work within a small and friendly team
- CPD program and training budget
- Based in a business hub with access to a staff kitchen, soft drinks, sofas, seating
- Based on the University campus so there is always lots going on
- Annual wage increase
- Eye test voucher scheme
- Free healthy food & drink available in the office
- Opportunities for career development
- Opportunity for a bonus scheme
- 20 holiday days a year plus bank holidays and company-wide days out for inspiration
- Company lunch outings and social events
- Spontaneous doughnut days!
#Developer #Wordpress #Front-End #Back-End #Stack #Website #Web #Graduate #Marketing #Agency #Studio #Digital #SEO #UX #Media #Development #Designer #Coder
Please apply with a CV and Portfolio of recent development projects.
Flexible Working Options Available
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page