Learning Designer (LEO Learning) in Sheffield, UK 🌎
We are looking for a driven and creative Learning Designer to work with our lead designers to design and write learning content that meets client requirements, exceeds expectations, and is delivered to schedule and budget.
You will be comfortable working independently in an environment that is fast-paced, deadline-driven, challenging and varied. You will work closely with art directors, developers and project managers as well as client subject matter experts (SMEs) to develop learning solutions.
You will be a fast learner, and demonstrate an immediate ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear, concise and effective manner as well as a creative flair both in writing and problem solving. You will also have a graduate degree.
Ideally you will have previous experience of producing technology-based training and an understanding of recent advances in both learning technology and learning design.
Your main duties will include
- Working with clients to scope and shape raw content into learning experiences: applying the principles of instructional design to create interactive, memorable and pedagogically sound learning interactions that meet learning objectives
- Developing effective assessment questions, quality distracters and practice interactions that accurately test the learners’ ability to meet those objectives
- Writing sparkling instructional copy, adapting your tone and style to match client requirements
- Delivering a first class customer service experience at all times
- Establishing strong working relationships with clients
- Demonstrable ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear, concise and effective manner
- The ability to establish strong working relationships with clients
- Experience of producing technology-based training and an understanding of recent advances in both technology and design approaches
- An understanding of the skills, tools and processes used in the delivery of on-line and blended materials
- An understanding of learning design, training principles and approaches to assessment
- An understanding of the psychology of learning and an awareness of key figures in learning
- Understanding of the principles of SCORM and LMSs, as well as the possibilities of Tin Can
- An understanding of key factors that influence the design of multimedia, such as accessibility measures, bandwidth, screen size etc.
- Commercial awareness
Ideally you will also have
- Experience in using both proprietary and off the shelf tools and systems in the creation of e-learning
- Experience of managing multiple priorities, projects and relationships
Come and work for a dynamic, growing, market-leading global organisation with more than 80 international awards for our work. Most recently we were delighted to take home the awards for both Company of the year and Learning Designer of the year at the prestigious 2017 Learning Technology awards.
LEO is a global leader in the creation of blended and digital learning solutions, working with the world’s top brands, including British Airways, Jaguar Land Rover, Novartis, John Lewis, as well as UK Government departments and charities. With offices in Brighton, London, Sheffield, New York and Atlanta, we support our clients throughout the entire training and development lifecycle. We design blended learning, multi-device learning, mobile apps, learning portals and learning simulations and games as well as more traditional e-learning.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page