UX Sound Designer 🌎
Audio UX is a next-generation audio branding agency committed to user-first audio design in a wide variety of brand and product experiences. We make deeply-considered sounds for real-live human beings.
We are seeking a freelance UX Sound Designer to support our creative team during branded sound design initiatives with potential cross-over into music composition and strategy work. The UX Sound Designer will work closely with AUX creatives and team leads to develop high-level audio design for a variety of product experiences. Ideal candidates are based in NYC and are extremely organized and self-motivated, possessing a fiercely creative spirit and acute attention to detail. Looking for creatives who have the ability to work remotely but who are open to working within our Manhattan studios.
• Create elevated UX sound design and audio experiences for brands and products including, but not limited to, apps, Bluetooth speakers, autonomous vehicles, voice skills, etc.
• Revise and iterate on creative assets based on Audio UX feedback
• Translate brand attributes/positioning into scalable audio assets, sometimes with written justification
• Deliver leveled audio at the correct file specifications and volume. Potential to assist Project Manager with preparation and finalization of client deliverables
• Learn and adhere to file naming conventions
• Continuous study of the latest music production and sound design techniques and technologies • Participate in brand research when necessary
• Possess a deep desire to change the way the world sounds and improve human experience through audio
• Proven experience as a sound designer for products, brands, podcasts or video games (music composition and production a plus)
• Technical expertise and proficiency with Ableton Live and popular 3rd party virtual instruments and plugins
• Experience meeting demanding deadlines in a fast-paced design environment
• Comfortable communicating via Slack and Video Chat
• Proficiency with Google Drive and Gmail • Team player with more heart than ego
This is a freelance assignment. While we are currently seeking part-time contractor applicants, we are open to a full-time opportunity for exceptional candidates. This position requires agility, flexibility and discipline to work within creative constraints, often against tight deadlines.
At Audio UX, we’re committed to building a welcoming and inclusive environment — all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
Specific project or job with follow up work
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few weeks
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have sign off from the client for the project?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Mixed, some on-location work is needed (give location in job description)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page