Middleweight Designer in London, UK 🌎
We’re on the lookout for a brilliant Middleweight Designer at Hugo & Cat to join our fantastic studio.
This is a unique opportunity to develop one of our key global accounts into a flagship client. The client is an international consumer manufacturing company.
The work involves designing product and communication pages, based on a modular-based structure and guidelines with a good understanding of product storytelling, so a designer who’s happy to artwork is preferable.
Must have excellent layout knowledge and able to photoshop products to a high degree. i.e. Shadow placement, cut outs, retouching when necessary.
Some of the responsibilities include
- Designing and creating responsive product pages, supporting content, category pages, page banners and more
- Page concepting
- There is also the need to create content for product pages (including retouching, diagrams and some illustrative work)
- Must follow design guidelines and feedback from Senior creative team
- Collaborate, foster and mentor other middle-junior designers with support from the senior creative members
- Taking regular status / review calls with the client
- Specific duties will include:
- Gain a thorough knowledge of our brand guidelines, including colours, layout, constraints, image sizing, etc
- Resourcing and retouching photography
- Creating demonstrative illustrations in Illustrator
- Maintain communication with the project managers to keep them up-to-date on all work being produced and let them know if problems arise
- A strong grasp of client design guidelines
- Excellent knowledge of Sketch, Figma, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and G Suite tools
- HTML knowledge will be a great advantage
- A good understanding of lighting and shading, as shadows will need to be created for products
- An eye for composition
- Proficient in layout and typography and retouching
We work with global brands who want to use digital to give every customer a great experience. Our combination of strategy, storytelling and experience design allows us to deliver real impact. Our clients include Sony, Royal Mail, IKEA, Tourism Ireland, Stanley Black & Decker and E.ON.
We do big agency work with a small agency culture. There are 85 of us in the team in the UK and USA, and we are ambitious, sociable, collaborative, transparent and non-hierarchical. We are part of the Future Brand family and the IPG network.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page