Communications and Marketing Manager in Brixton, UK 🌎
We’re CHIPS (Christian International Peace Service)– Christian peacemakers. For over 50 years, we’ve been working with communities around the world to help them build sustainable futures free from violence and division.
Inspired by the life of Jesus, we seek to practice collaborative and practical peacemaking. Our work is rooted in Christian teaching and guided by four core principles; we go where we are invited, we live at the heart of conflict, we stay for the long term and, as our strap-line says, we take sides. Both sides.
In a world of conflict and division, we have an ambitious vision to expand our peacemaking work and increase our influence both in the UK and internationally. We are planning further peacemaking projects and to share with others the skills and experience we have gained over the last 50 years.
We have already laid some of the foundations for growth. We have strengthened our structure and invested in a comprehensive rebrand. We have moved to a co-leadership model with Development and Programmes Directors taking on joint leadership.
We are a small, friendly team, deeply committed to our work and the cause of peace.
Our next step is the recruitment of a Communications and Marketing Manager to help develop and implement the communications and marketing strategies that will drive and support our expansion.
- In this key role, the Communications and Marketing Manager will work closely with our Co-Director (Development) and be responsible for managing our communications and marketing activities.
Our aim is to communicate confidently how CHIPS is being used to bring sustainable peace to communities. We want to use clear, creative and compelling communications so that individuals, churches and organisations are inspired to support us financially, partners are encouraged to engage with us and communities experiencing violent conflict and division are made aware of the peacemaking work we do and how we could work with them to bring peace.
Who we are looking for
- We are seeking a creative, highly-motivated and flexible communicator able to think strategically whilst also having the technical skills to produce engaging and compelling content in a wide range of media.
- You will have extensive knowledge of social media platforms, understanding how to use them effectively to reach a wide audience and build engagement and support. At the same time, you will understand how to communicate through more traditional media to reach the widest possible range of supporters.
- You will have the experience to be able to analyse our current progress and to take us forward. You would gain satisfaction from seeing a charity increase significantly its engagement, support and impact.
- This is an ideal opportunity for someone seeking a role where they can use their skills and experience in a setting where they can influence an organisation’s development.
- You will thrive working in a Christian environment where we pray regularly and study and reflect on the theological foundations to our peacemaking. You will have respect for our Christian values and ethos and be in sympathy with our organisational aims. You will have a good understanding of the UK church and charity landscape. There is a genuine occupational requirement for this role to be filled by a Christian.
How to Apply
Please send a CV and covering letter, ensuring this letter clearly states how you meet the personal and other requirements for this role.
Deadline for the receipt of applications is 9.00 am on Tuesday 4th June…
Whilst our preference is for a Freelance Contractor, we also welcome applications from those interested in the role on an employed basis. Please indicate your preference in your application.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page