Copywriter in London, UK 🌎
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Alex and Alexa is one of the U.K’s leading online children’s retailers. From classic and traditional clothing to playful and cutting-edge designs, Alex and Alexa carries an exciting and diverse range of international fashion and sportswear brands, alongside home wares and toys. The portfolio includes premium and luxury brands such as Gucci, Chloé, Stella McCartney Kids, Burberry, Dolce & Gabbana, Nike, adidas and Lacoste. Alex and Alexa aims to bring “The World’s Best Kids Brands” to discerning consumers at the click of a button.
Alex and Alexa is part of the Babyshop Group, which also encompasses Babyshop, Lekmer and Oii, making it part of the largest multi-channel children’s clothing and products retailer in Europe.
The main responsibility of the Freelance Copywriter is to write fresh and engaging product copy and brand bios.
This role reports to the Copywriting Supervisor.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
- Writing interesting, accurate and engaging product descriptions for a range of categories including clothing, toys, home and maternity
- During peak periods, the ability to produce between 60 – 80 product descriptions per day
- Following the AlexandAlexa style notes and ensuring a consistent tone of voice throughout
- Following the marketing calendar to ensure products are written to coincide with promotional activity and brand launches
- Ability to create succinct, technical and inspiring product descriptions
- Skilled at writing creative and informative brand landing pages
- A flair for copy and excellent spelling and grammar
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently to daily targets
- Ability to follow tone of voice and style guide instructions
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Confident, friendly manner and the ability to work well with key team members across Buying, Finance and Marketing
- Tertiary qualifications in Communications, PR, English, Media, Journalism or similar
- A working knowledge of children’s fashion and/or luxury brands
- Experience in visual merchandising or a great eye for creating product layouts
- A genuine interest in children’s fashion
Please note: this is a freelance position, based at our Mayfair, London office.
- Part-time, Temporary
- Copywriting: 1 year (Preferred)
- London, Greater London (Preferred)
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page