Senior Brand Marketer in London, UK 🌎
At OVO, the first phase of our growth was driven by providing simpler, cleaner, affordable energy to a market dominated by the big 6. This is the strategy that led the business to its current place as the 7th largest energy provider in the UK. The next phase of growth requires us to re-imagine the future of energy and to deepen our emotional connection with our customers.
This role is initially a short term contract focused on helping us to support development of a new campaign across all customer facing touch points.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
Reporting into the Brand and Communications Director, this role will
- Work directly with the Lead Brand and Communications strategist and the rest of the marketing team to support the translation of the OVO company mission statement into a compelling, fame driving customer facing campaign
- Play a lead role in the development of the campaign, working with creative, content and PR teams to ensure all elements of the campaign are aligned
- Work closely with media agencies to develop a clear and balanced comms strategy for the campaign and the long term maintenance of communications
- Work alongside the rest of the marketing team to manage budgets and timings, with lead accountability for your own elements of responsibility
- Work with the internal comms team to ensure that all stakeholders have been managed and that the campaign and what it means for our internal teams is well understood
- Take clear responsibility for the development of campaign KPIs and work with the Brand and Comms Director to set up a reporting framework for this
The person we need
This is a fast paced task to be delivered by a senior marketing manager who is proven in the delivery of brand marketing campaigns and who rises to a challenge. This person will:
- Have 5+ years experience in the development of powerful brand campaigns capable of revolutionising markets (ideally inclusive of service and tech brands)
- Have a creative eye, be comfortable developing brave campaigns which break the mould and change conversations.
- Capable of providing clear, additive creative feedback that empowers teams and improves work
- Be highly organised, adept at managing multiple stakeholders within complex mosaic businesses
- Great at bringing inter agency teams together and ensuring that all parties are working towards the same goals and objectives
- Be a great communicator, keeping it simple and making themselves easily understood by those without marketing expertise
- Commercially confident with a clear understanding of the balance of commerciality and creativity required for a fast paced retail business
- An exemplary team player, at their best when working within a collective to deliver a shared vision
- Energetic, positive and a welcome addition to every room
- Immediate start
- Competitive freelance day rate to end September
- Potential permanent extension
Tell me more about OVO
OVO began trading in 2009 in Bristol. Founded by CEO Stephen Fitzpatrick, OVO was borne out of a desire to improve the services offered by existing suppliers. The OVO business was built with a commitment to provide abundant, clean, affordable energy to all. OVO as a business now has more than 1.5m customers across its retail brand portfolio (OVO energy, Lumo, Corgi, Boost and Spark).
The long term vision for OVO is to be one of the world’s leading EnTech groups. OVO will harness emerging technologies to help solve some of the world’s biggest challenges in energy consumption; reducing our reliance on carbon hungry energy sources whilst still ensuring everyone has all the energy they need to power human progress.
OVO at a glance
- OVO is 80% privately owned by founder Stephen Fitzpatrick. Mitsubishi invested in a 20% stake in the business in 2019.
- Assets and business units across the EnTech ecosystem: energy retail, electric vehicle charging, storage batteries, heating installation & insurance, smart grid, smart metering.
- Incubator focused on leading edge technologies
- +1500 employees in Bristol, Scotland and London
- 4% share of the UK domestic energy retail market
- Topped 11 of the 12 award categories at the uSwitch Energy Awards for 3 years running and achieved a 93%customer satisfaction score (the highest ever score in the poll’s 10-year history)
We celebrate diversity and value equal opportunity; the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and we decide employment on the basis of merit and potential.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page