Copywriter in London, UK 🌎
We’re looking for an experienced and imaginative freelance writer to join the OVO team.
We’re a different kind of energy company. Not at all like the big corporates. We’re all about clever tech that makes people’s lives easier. And awesome customer service that wins award after award. We’re the good guys. The ones who are trying to change things for the better. We’ve gained over 800,000 happy customers and created our own charitable foundation, in only eight years. And we’re not stopping there. We want to change the world. Well, at least when it comes to energy.
This all means that we don’t talk like any old energy supplier. In fact, we write how we speak – like actual humans.
If you’re known for your natural writing style, smart editing, and relaxed approach to managing people, you could be just who we’re looking for.
We want someone with at least three years’ experience in digital and print copywriting. As a writer, you’ll be inventive and original. Obviously, your spelling and grammar will be impeccable. But it’s your ideas that will set you apart – your creativity, imagination and insight. You’ll know when to dial things up and when to tone things down. You’ll understand the customer and be aware of their needs.
What the role involves
- Writing copy in the OVO tone of voice
- Proofreading and editing existing copy
- Working on creative concepts for digital ad campaigns
- Writing customer communications across all channels: email campaigns, direct marketing, advertising, social media, the web and for our OVO app
- Working closely with the Senior Copywriter and the rest of the Creative Team
- Collaborating with Marketing and other teams
What we’re after
- Three years’ experience in copywriting, ideally in a digital environment at another brand or an agency
- Midweight level of expertise
- Experience working quickly and flexibly across multiple projects
- A positive attitude
- A creative thinker
- Experience in writing copy for different channels
- A degree in English, Journalism or similar
**What’s in it for you? Great question… **
- A competitive salary
- An opportunity to work with one of ‘The Sunday Times Top 100 Companies To Work For’
- The chance to work with talented, enthusiastic writers and help us shape the future of energy
If this sounds right up your street, get in touch. Send us your portfolio so we can see what kind of work you’ve been doing, not forgetting that all-important covering letter and your CV.
We celebrate diversity and value equal opportunity; the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and we decide employment on the basis of merit and potential.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page