Graphic Designer in Stanford, CA, USA
The Stanford Graduate School of Business is seeking a graphic designer with expertise in PowerPoint to support faculty in producing course materials and other academic presentations. Applicants should expect that at least 70% of time will be spent using PowerPoint, with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Google slides used as needed. 100% of work is done on a Windows PC which you would provide. Designers will work directly with design team and ;must be able to visually represent academic content and teaching goals ranging from specific, complex equations and graphics to overall concepts. Experience in creating and editing advanced charts and graphs required. Please submit a portfolio and cover letter that describes what “design for understanding” means to you. This is a part-time work from home position.
- Under general creative direction, take responsibility for projects.
- Produce complex illustrations, graphics, images and photos for design assignments.
- Create the artwork and design for a variety of platforms, including layout for digital projects, starting from an initial concept and thinking in terms of broader solutions.
- Work closely with a project manager and design team in order to complete project using pre-established specifications.
- Maintain quality control of content, and support design strategy and execution.
- Use job-required software applications and mediums to develop and design materials according to defined requirements.
- Inspect proofs for accuracy and adherence to appropriate production standards.
- May coordinate with multiple clients to develop themes and designs to achieve desired results.
- Create content specification and design guidelines.
- Maintain knowledge of industry standards, trends and state-of-the-art technology to provide and enhance services.
- Other duties may also be assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and three years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated understanding of graphic design principles.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of job-required software applications and mediums, including browser usability and cross platform compatibility.
- Ability to present a portfolio that reflects creative work.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, deadlines, and customer needs.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong organizational and communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Ability to perform detailed work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge in industry standards, trends, and technical knowledge.
- Ability to work effectively with others as part of a team.
- Visual acuity including color vision.
- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your hourly rate budget range? (USD)
$35-50 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Show your interest:
Not sure what to write? Use a template:
When are you available to work on this project?
What's your rate for this job?
Enter your day rate if there's not enough information or it's an ongoing project. You can change this after speaking with the client.
How long will it take? (Optional)
If there's enough information, give an estimate of how long this job will take.
What's your usual day rate? (Optional)
Set your deposit rate:
If approved, the buyer will pay a deposit of 80%