Lead Android Developer in Granger, IN, USA 🌎
As the lead Android developer, you will be responsible for leading all aspects of Android development. You will be building applications connecting people with IoT products. The ideal candidate will be comfortable leading a team of junior to mid-level developers. You should be comfortable meeting with clients to discuss project details and help them define application requirements when needed. We’re looking for individuals with strong UX intuition who care about building software that meaningfully connects people with products.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
- Develop native Android applications and frameworks focused on wireless connectivity and control using Kotlin and/or Java
- Clear documentation and communication of results
- Define and implement robust app architectures and complex user interfaces
- Meet with clients by phone, web conferencing and in person when necessary
- Estimates, organizes and documents tasks
- Create development schedules or help to define development tasks and task timelines
- Communicate and justify design decisions with management
- Collaborate with designers, engineers and product managers to build great products
- Provide on-site training for VIP clients
- Proficiency with git required
- Proficiency with common mobile development design patterns such as MVVM
- Experience with offline storage, threading and performance tuning
- Strong communication skills with an interest in helping educate others
- 3+ years developing Native Android applications using Java or Kotlin
- Experience with Bluetooth Low Energy, WiFi, Low Power Cellular and other wireless technologies strongly desired
- Experience with Bluetooth Mesh a big plus
- Firm understanding and proven history of the application of key software design principles such as separation of concerns, high cohesion, and low coupling to facilitate reuse and maintainability in software architectures, designs, and implementations; ability to decompose large, complex software systems into manageable subsystems with clearly defined interfaces
- Embedded development experience highly desirable but not required
- Understanding of test-driven development and agile methodologies a plus
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical - Engineering or related discipline desired but equivalent experience will also be accepted
- $80,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
- Android Development: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bluetooth Low Energy: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Remote/Work from home
Full Time Opportunity
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$300-500 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page