Art Director/Copywriter in New York City, NY, USA 🌎
The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. Our cloud-based, data-driven platform helps our customers reach their customers with targeted display, video, audio, native, and social ads across every device.
We’re building the future of advertising by giving brands more control, data, and reach in their digital campaigns. And we want your help to make it even better.
Help us build the future of advertising.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
Who We Are Looking For
We’re looking for a dynamic art director and copywriting team to help craft concepts for our 360 campaigns, events and other marketing initiatives.
This is an on-site, part-time position in our New York City office. You will report to our GM, Creative Director.
What You Will Be Doing
- Collaborate with our creative, brand and product marketing teams to concept big ideas and best-in-class campaign initiatives
- Work with GM, Creative Director and Sr. Copywriter as well as other stakeholders to ensure tone of voice and style matches our respective campaigns (brand, product, employer branding) while also having a perspective on copy, language, tone, voice.
- Work with comprehensive campaign and tactical creative briefs to produce ideas in all mediums and channels that are on strategy, insightful/data-driven, innovative, and effective
- Conceptualize/design digital and print ads, brochures, video, OOH, etc., that correspond to the brief.
- Meet tight deadlines and work with Sr. Creative Ops Manager to manage workload and deliverables
- Work closely with producers, animators and other freelance talent to ensure that final creative meets your final vision
- Help art direct photography and video shoots, podcasts, to ensure that all multi-media has a purpose and a narrative.
- Make complex concepts easily understandable for any audience through punchy headlines and friendly, approachable design
- Work with brand and creative development teams — as well as other stakeholders — to translate our brand proposition into a cohesive and impactful voice
- Present and provide rationale for campaign concepts to marketing executives and stakeholders in global creative review
- Stay immersed in current industry trends
- Be able to work and think in complete ideas without the aid of a partner at times.
What You Bring To The Table
- 5 years of crafting campaign concepts that have driven business
- Experience writing and developing creative concepts for a traditional or in-house agency (preferred)
- A natural curiosity to learn about and understand new technologies and concepts
- Fluent in all relevant software, but not solely reliant on the software to express an idea or a concept.
- Ability to collaborate and take direction from campaign stakeholders
- Extremely well-organized, with excellent time management skills — able to work under tight deadlines when needed
- History of crafting copy and creative that leads to customer acquisition and engagement — tailored to varying audience segments and stages of the marketing funnel
- Ability to work with colleagues in different countries and understand cultural differences
- Strong, relevant creative portfolio
- Available on-site in NYC
- Flexible hours
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
- Marketing & Advertising Computer Software Internet
- Design Art/Creative Information Technology
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page