Web Coordinator in Raleigh, NC, USA 🌎
This position serves as a web administrator for CALS’ college, unit and departmental websites using the WordPress content management system. This position will work as part of the CALS Communications team, a diverse group of communicators, including writers, editors, video producers, and marketing strategists.
This position is a part-time (20-25 hours per week) 12-month term (with the opportunity to extend term) and offers flexibility to work from home except for in-office time as requested in advance or for mandatory on-campus meetings.
This position works closely with CALS Communications and the CALS Academic and Administrative Technology (CAAT) unit to develop, update and maintain a variety of websites within a multisite environment.
- Produce new web pages for CALS websites in WordPress according to NC State digital brand standards
- Manage web requests for content changes via Service Now ticketing system in collaboration with CALS IT
- Maintain and update content on websites, including copy/links, videos and images.
- Work with the content strategist and content team to explore ways to repurpose existing content throughout the CALS website
- Serve as a point of contact on website-related questions and information from departments and units
- Stay current on web best practices
- Implement changes to website layouts and content based on analytics and usability testing
- Monitor website traffic
- Determine solutions to streamline navigation and increase traffic
Departmental Required Skills
- Strong familiarity and experience with the WordPress content management system
- Understand information architecture
- Familiarity with content development or working with content developers
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of search engine analytics to maximize website traffic
- Ability to analyze information and report findings
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
- Awareness of marketing communication techniques
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, including Photoshop and Acrobat
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS
- Experience with UX design
Required License or Certification
Job Open Date
Must Be Open Until
- Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.
Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?
Proposed Hire Date
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources. Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page