Visual Designer in Texas, USA 🌎
Property Meld is a growing startup in need of a part-time visual designer. Initially, you’ll be responsible for creating a style guide, formalizing the visual identity, and building out the visual design of components and pages from existing wireframes. There may be additional work required on an ongoing basis for new components and pages.
- All the usual tools would be involved. Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch experience.
- Experience designing responsive B2B / B2C apps for meetings, email, cloud storage, work management, or CRM a huge plus.
- Part-time freelance position - 10 hours / week. However, will need to be flexible up-to 20 hours / week when we are designing new areas of the product.
- Available for freelance work during regular business hours 9:00am – 5:00pm CST.
- Work closely with UX designer to create beautiful, professional, responsive UI design for our web-based product
- Work on interactive design projects that meet both user and business objectives while maintaining and supporting brand identity
- Keep the design system fresh and relevant while pushing for elegant solutions that allow the product design team to work more efficiently
- Apply user-centered design mindset and best practices to systems thinking
- Contribute to and maintain a visual system, incorporating a systematic approach to typography, color, and other style guide elements
- Conceptualize, define, design, and maintain atomic-designed components—from structural layouts to micro-interactions—across the web, iOS, and Android platforms
- Design clean, organized, and well-documented components that promote reuse and allow engineers to build accurately
- Strong creative skills
- The ability to pay attention to details
- Good problem-solving skills and a logical approach to work
- An ability to work to deadlines
- Experience with components / libraries / template integrations
- Understanding/experience with design concepts and effective UI/UX
- Able to set up files correctly for a web development team to slice and dice (including smart objects/images to scale for Retina displays).
- 4+ years of design/production experience with an agency or in-house design team
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design (preferred, not required)
- 3+ year’s experience with designing digital media formats using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and/or Sketch.
- Experience crafting, implementing, and evolving a design system, pattern library, or styleguide for digital products
- Compensation will be determined by the candidate’s experience.
Development team works remotely so we will accept remote candidates that can demonstrate that they have worked remotely before.
If interested, please apply and include your skype id, and a reference to your portfolio.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your hourly rate budget range? (USD)
$35-50 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page