UX/UI Designer in Chicago, IL, USA 🌎
Rocket Wagon is a rapidly growing innovation firm providing emerging technology services to our clients. We are building a premier multi-disciplinary product team in Chicago and recognize that an extraordinary team is about confident and enabled people, excellent culture, and solving meaningful problems. We seek individuals who are thoughtful, responsible, and passionate builders that appreciate user experience.
Our design team has an opening for a freelance UX/UI designer who can collaborate with us on a contractual basis to deliver compelling user experience solutions for our client projects. The ideal designer is a creative problem solver and storyteller that takes insights about people and behavior, and translates and distills those insights into a compelling user experience.
- Leverage the client brief and collaborate on a unifying vision for the user experience, brainstorm creative concepts with the team, and develop original design concepts
- Quickly create striking wireframes, prototypes, and comps to demonstrate ideas
- Have experience designing for mobile applications (iOS & Android) and be familiar with the technology behind the design.
- Be passionate about design as an iterative process and be flexible enough to weather critique and explore more than one way of doing things.
- Be able to clearly communicate the thought behind your design to internal teams and clients.
- Clearly communicate solutions in the form of models, wireframes, documentation, or prototypes to the client and team
- Have flexibility to work both with and without strong client brand guidelines, full or templated wireframes, and with front-end developers to bring designs to life.
- Define and prototype end-to-end user experiences, including user workflows, layouts, design of specific UX screens and components to create engaging, interactive experience across web, mobile, and social interfaces
- Produce responsive and/or adaptive layouts where appropriate
- Collaborate with technical teams on implementation
- Adhere to and apply design guidelines
- Assist with maintaining the quality of design throughout all phases of the project, including the QA and revision process with other team members
- Proficiency with Sketch for designing wireframes
- Proficiency with InVision and other prototyping tools
- Your portfolio must demonstrate a strong command of good visual design principles
- Strong knowledge of design process and ability to work with project leader to generate and understand user and business requirements
- Strong understanding of technical constraints and UX best practices, in mobile and web technologies.
- Excellent organizational, presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented, flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment
To apply, please include your resume and a link to your portfolio to be considered. Candidates without a portfolio will not be considered. Local candidates are preferred.
- Entry level
- Information Technology & Services Computer Software Internet
- Information Technology
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page