Junior Designer in London, UK 🌎
OVO is the disruptor brand with a new approach to energy. We exist to make energy simpler, greener and fairer for all - and the world a better place. We’ve done this by challenging the bureaucratic ‘big 6’, attracting over 1 million loyal customers AND impeccable technical skills (software and analog)
We’re looking for a Junior Freelance Designer to join our team for a period of 12 weeks.
Main duties will include
- Brainstorming creative concepts with other designers
- Providing first line support to the business on routine tasks
- Managing day-to-day workload with guidance/direction from others
- Creating all types of design experiences: email, direct marketing, advertising, social media, digital products, internal comms, etc.
- Working closely with the more senior designers and the rest of the Creative Team
- Collaborating with copywriters, Marketing and other teams
- Could be a graduate from a relevant course, perhaps with some design experience (agency or client side).
- Impeccable technical skills (software and analog)
- Strong presentation skills
- Natural and original design style
- Ability to think creatively
- Good attention to detail
- Quick and calm thinking skills
- Personal attributes:
- A positive attitude
- A creative thinker
- Actively passionate about other creative fields
- Happy and open to receiving feedback
- Keen to learn
- Confident enough to express ideas and brainstorm with other designers
- Degree level in Graphic Design, Product Design or similar
Tell me more about OVO
OVO began trading in 2009 in Bristol. Founded by CEO Stephen Fitzpatrick, OVO was borne out of a desire to improve the services offered by existing suppliers. The OVO business was built with a commitment to provide abundant, clean, affordable energy to all. OVO as a business now has more than 1.5m customers across its retail brand portfolio (OVO energy, Lumo, Corgi, Boost and Spark).
The long term vision for OVO is to be one of the world’s leading EnTech groups. OVO will harness emerging technologies to help solve some of the world’s biggest challenges in energy consumption; reducing our reliance on carbon hungry energy sources whilst still ensuring everyone has all the energy they need to power human progress.
OVO at a glance
- OVO is 80% privately owned by founder Stephen Fitzpatrick. Mitsubishi invested in a 20% stake in the business in 2019.
- Assets and business units across the EnTech ecosystem: energy retail, electric vehicle charging, storage batteries, heating installation & insurance, smart grid, smart metering.
- Incubator focused on leading edge technologies
- +1500 employees in Bristol, Scotland and London
- 4% share of the UK domestic energy retail market
- Topped 11 of the 12 award categories at the uSwitch Energy Awards for 3 years running and achieved a 93%customer satisfaction score (the highest ever score in the poll’s 10-year history)
We celebrate diversity and value equal opportunity; the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and we decide employment on the basis of merit and potential.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page