Senior Designer in London, UK 🌎
OVO is the disruptor brand with a new approach to energy. We exist to make energy simpler, greener and fairer for all - and the world a better place. We’ve done this by challenging the bureaucratic ‘big 6’, attracting over 1 million loyal customers AND impeccable technical skills (software and analog)
We’re looking for a Senior Freelance Designer to join our team for up to 12 weeks.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
Main duties will include
- Managing workload of Junior members while still being hands-on in all types of design.
- Representing the creative team at all times through their creative capacity and interpersonal skills
- Actively nurturing and mentoring the work of juniors
- Brainstorming creative concepts with other teams in the company
- Taking Accountability of work being delivered, and understanding its impact on the wider business.
- Applying knowledge and judgement across a broad range of issues, including those outside of the immediate design spectrum
- Leading design on a number of set projects
- Managing creative team members and all stakeholder relationships
- Actively working on identifying internal opportunities for business generation and setting own goals to support key company objectives
- Encouraging the development of others by being a champion for the -Creative Team’s ethos, promoting new workflow ideas, and techniques – and making sure morale is high
- Represents the level most Specialists will peak and stabilise their career
- Requires in-depth and up-to-date knowledge and expertise based on 6+ years of experience
- Has an outstanding portfolio of published/live work that spans different channels: from print to digital, conceptual ads, branding, websites, illustration, & motion design.
- Impeccable technical skills (software and analog)
- Good spelling and grammar
- Natural and original style
- Ability to think creatively, present ideas and articulate the thinking behind them
- Excellent attention to detail
- Quick and calm thinking skills
- Deadline and delivery focussed
- Confidently multi-tasks in line with policies/processes
- Adept independent problem solver
- A strong knowledge of OVO and the wider energy & electrification sector
- A positive attitude
- A creative thinker
- Actively passionate about other creative fields
- Happy and open to receiving feedback
- Keen to learn and teach
- Comfortable expressing ideas and brainstorm not just with creatives but all senior management
- Ambitious and always striving for higher standards
- Excellent communicator who listens to others and seeks compromises when necessary
- Degree level
- Graphic Design, conceptual design / branding or similar
Tell me more about OVO
OVO began trading in 2009 in Bristol. Founded by CEO Stephen Fitzpatrick, OVO was borne out of a desire to improve the services offered by existing suppliers. The OVO business was built with a commitment to provide abundant, clean, affordable energy to all. OVO as a business now has more than 1.5m customers across its retail brand portfolio (OVO energy, Lumo, Corgi, Boost and Spark).
The long term vision for OVO is to be one of the world’s leading EnTech groups. OVO will harness emerging technologies to help solve some of the world’s biggest challenges in energy consumption; reducing our reliance on carbon hungry energy sources whilst still ensuring everyone has all the energy they need to power human progress.
OVO at a glance
- OVO is 80% privately owned by founder Stephen Fitzpatrick. -Mitsubishi invested in a 20% stake in the business in 2019.
- Assets and business units across the EnTech ecosystem: energy retail, electric vehicle charging, storage batteries, heating installation & insurance, smart grid, smart metering.
- Incubator focused on leading edge technologies
- +1500 employees in Bristol, Scotland and London
- 4% share of the UK domestic energy retail market
- Topped 11 of the 12 award categories at the uSwitch Energy Awards for 3 years running and achieved a 93%customer satisfaction score (the highest ever score in the poll’s 10-year history)
We celebrate diversity and value equal opportunity; the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and we decide employment on the basis of merit and potential.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page