Junior Designer in Bath, UK 🌎
The company is an international food and drink business to business publishing and digital communications company - with the industry’s fastest growing social media community. This Bath-based company has an exciting opportunity for a Junior Designer to join its pre-press department. The role is design-led but also comes with an expectation to help with production-related administration tasks.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
Working on two magazine titles, internal marketing, external contract work, web-based tasks as well as contributing to a production role, key duties will include:
- Converting images for print
- Designing magazine pages
- Working alongside the editorial team and fellow design colleagues
- Enhance magazine features by converting data into clear charts and graphics
- Preparing final pages for press and checking proofs
- Archiving material oncesent to press
- Converting publications into digitally enhanced editions
- Working with the marketing team to produce (and update) company marketing materials
- Liaising with clients to receive advertiser files and checking they meet their specifications
- Preparing and sending a regular selection of client marketing, and their own news-based newsletters
- Assisting with pre- and post-press production duties
- Producing keynote presentations for internal awards schemes
Reporting to the Design and Production Manager, the team player we seek must be proficient in InDesign and PhotoShop. Good timekeeping, communication, close attention to detail, problem solving skills and an ability to multitask will ensure the successful candidate excels in this role. Familiarity with Keynote would be an advantage. An equal enthusiasm for both print and digital media should be demonstrated.
KEY RESULT AREAS
Delivering work to a high standard - Delivering work on time - Managing own time effectively - Working well in a team - Maintaining positive, clear communication with colleagues and clients
Holiday entitlement is 28 days (pro-rata) including bank holidays (increasing a day with each year of service up to a maximum of 33) plus 3 days between Christmas and New Year - Pension - Private healthcare and cash plan - Sick pay scheme - Discounted gym membership - Cycle to work scheme
Permanent, part-time position - Hours 22.5 per week, working pattern to be agreed with the successful candidate - The notice period will be one month on either side (following a 6-month probationary period)
*Please note, the salary is £18,000-19,000 pro-rata based on 22.5 hours per week.
Please apply with a CV.
- £18,000.00 to £19,000.00 pro-rata based on 22.5 hours per week.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page