Full Stack PHP Developer in Cheltenham, UK 🌎
As well as being a very successful high street retail business and wholesaler, Superdry is also an extremely strong online retailer. Our eCommerce business has experienced incredible growth in recent years and is now one of our most profitable and successful sales channels. We operate 20 consumer websites on desktop, tablet and mobile and in a multitude of different languages. We sell through these sites on a truly global basis, shipping product to every corner of the globe. We also operate 4 business-to-business websites, allowing our global wholesale customers to place orders online.
Our in-house eCommerce team design, develop, test, support and maintain all of our websites, and are responsible for keeping them fresh and updated with the most cutting edge functionality, to give the very best user experience. These roles, sitting within our web development team, will play a key role in the delivery of new websites, improvements to usability, and crucial back end systems.
The successful candidates will be expected to contribute to the existing and future development of our eCommerce platforms by providing high quality development and recommendations for improvements, working collaboratively with colleagues across the Digital function. The roles will suit candidates with solid experience in PHP development, from mid-range up to senior levels, who are passionate to make a difference and become a part of a team supporting a truly global business. We are also interested in talking to more junior developers with limited experience who are looking for a chance to learn and develop under the guidance of more experienced developers.
- Work as a hands-on developer to develop new features and functionality for both the front end and back end of our eCommerce B2B websites, programming in PHP.
- Assist in leading the development team to ensure project deadlines are met and resourced appropriately.
- Escalate issues alongside solutions with time frames, risks and efforts calculated.
- Take business requirements and create a full technical solution for delivery.
- Feedback to other members of the team to provide suggestions on code quality.
- Articulate proposed solutions and changes to other members of the development team, project managers and business stakeholders across a range of technical competencies.
- Work with architects to ensure the solution is sitting in line with their recommendations and the technical strategy.
- Set timelines and deliver against them within a project life cycle.
- Someone with experience working as a PHP developer within a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Able to work under pressure and change direction with very little notice.
- Interested in working on new and exciting features.
- Willing to try new things and not being afraid to step outside of your comfort zone.
- Knowledgeable of the development life cycle and able to work collaboratively with other teams across the life cycle.
- Quick to pick up and work with new technologies, learn from more senior members of the team.
- Based within easy commuting distance of Cheltenham or willing to relocate for the role.
- Desirable but not essential experience in the Laravel PHP framework, VueJS, or other prominent PHP / front-end frameworks.
- Desirable but not essential experience in writing unit / functional tests.
- Desirable but not essential experience of AWS / Vagrant / Docker.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$300-500 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page