Head of Graphic Design in Pitlochry, UK 🌎
Due to our current very valued Head of Graphic Design who has been with us for many years managing to secure his dream job of becoming a University Lecturer we now have an exciting and challenging opportunity for someone with experience in commercial graphic design and particularly mail order catalogue production, who relishes the chance to be part of a rapidly growing business. Working closely with The House of Bruar senior managers and a team of buyers, marketers, photographers and leading other designers, the successful candidate will be influential in steering growth.
Our location at the gateway to the Scottish Highlands is just one of many reasons why you should want to join our team.
Previous experience in catalogue production is essential – preferably in a luxury, fashion based business, but other industries would be considered. An excellent knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Photoshop is also essential. Experience of digital design, particularly for marketing emails would be beneficial. As well as having creative flair and an excellent understanding of commercially driven design, the right candidate will have strong organisational skills, experience of print management, be used to managing a team and be able to juggle a number of priorities to meet multiple deadlines. Previous experience working with Newspapers and Magazines would also be an advantage.
Key areas of responsibility
- Managing the whole catalogue design workflow from initial design roughs to the production of print ready files.
- To liaise with other departments and colleagues as well as external printers and the repro house.
- Managing the production of other print and digital House of Bruar design requirements such as advertising and marketing emails.
- Working closely with the Product Director to ensure all design work is produced in line with The House of Bruar brand guidelines and is of consistent and impeccably high standard.
- To manage the design calendar, work flow and resources to ensure all stakeholders are kept informed of progress and requirements are produced to deadline.
Who we need
- To demonstrate exceptional creative flair and a perfectionist’s eye for detail
- Strong organisational skills
- Adaptability and the ability to switch priorities depending on deadlines
- Experience and knowledge of the print industry, typography and colour reproduction
- The motivation to maintain and improve design standards
- To have patience and willingness to listen to feedback and deliver improvements
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Career progression and learning & development opportunities
- Work life balance
- Being a part of a company whose values will give you a standard to aspire to and underpin who we are as a company and a community.
- Temporary accommodation
COME AND DO GREAT THINGS WITH US.
-We want our company to be the place you want to work
-We want you to love your job
-Because when you love your job, you’ll do great things.
If you have the skills, are highly organised and able to achieve consistently high standards, then we would like to hear from you. Please apply by email or in writing to The House of Bruar, By Blair Atholl, Perthshire, PH18 5TW, enclosing a copy of your CV and covering letter.
- Full-time, Contract, Permanent
- web design: 1 year (Preferred)
- Graphic design: 1 year (Preferred)
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page