Junior IT Project Manager in Bristol, UK 🌎
RAC is entering a new and exciting phase of its evolution, building on our 121-year heritage and entering a new chapter and the Technology team is right at the centre of that evolution and the Transformation & Change team will be instrumental in executing on our vision.
Currently we are looking to recruit an IT Junior Project Manager, reporting to a Project Manager, based in our Bristol office to work within the Transformation & Change team taking responsibility for the end to end delivery of projects in support of the RAC business strategy.
This is a key role within an engaged and talented team of change professionals, delivering the future capability the RAC needs to compete in the 21st century.
- Day-to-day management and execution of a wide range of small and medium sized IT projects within a complex business services environment
- Following our defined Stage Gate process
- Stakeholder management at various levels including Project Sponsor, - Project SMEs, Finance Business partner, Corporate customers and external third-party suppliers
- Identification, analysis and management of risks, issues and dependencies through the definition and implementation of appropriate management strategies and action plans
- Management of project finances and spend against baseline budget
- Management of 3rd party suppliers
- Relationship management and networking abilities
- Ability to manage a number of projects concurrently and work at pace
- Management of Service Introduction
Skills, Knowledge and qualifications
- Demonstrable ability to manage IT and business change -programmes/projects within a complex business services environment OR graduating with at least a 2:1 in a relevant IT degree
- Capable to manage project finances and spend
- Excellent planning, communication and presentation skills
- Relationship management skills and an engaging capability for working in collaboration with internal and external teams and Corporate customers
Closing date for applications is subject to change (RAC may close the advert early dependent on volume of applications received)
This vacancy is only open to direct applicants and no recruitment agency will be engaged for this vacancy!
RAC is an equal opportunities employer and a company committed to diversity. This means that all job applicants and RAC colleagues will receive equal treatment and that we will not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.
The personal information we have collected from you will be shared with Cifas who will use it to prevent fraud, other unlawful or dishonest conduct, malpractice, and other seriously improper conduct. If any of these are detected you could be refused certain services or employment. Your personal information will also be used to verify your identity. Further details of how your information will be used by us and Cifas, and your data protection rights, can be obtained by emailing.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page