Motion Designer in London, UK 🌎
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
‘As part of one of the leading Sports broadcasters in the world, our Design team has the opportunity to work on a variety of exciting creative briefs, promoting the vast array of sports rights we hold – therefore, we are passionate and enthusiastic about our job, to develop the best creative around these exciting events. It is a fast-paced environment but also incredibly collaborative. You can see some work from our team below.’ – Chris Sharpe, Design Director, Sky Sports.
- Enjoy a generous pension and 25 days paid annual leave.
- To find out more about working with us, search LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As a Designer, you will provide a broad range of creative work across all output, comprising fast turnaround design, long term project work as well as collaboration with the wider design team across broadcast and digital platforms.
- Deliver graphics for a wide variety of media, including television, mobile, online and print.
- Liaise closely with production teams to ensure they are clear on project progress.
- Ensure that your design work conforms to Sky Sports brand values.
- Brainstorm ideas with wider team to respond to creative briefs
- Idea generation and design output execution on flagship shows such as Super Sunday, Monday Night Football, full 360 campaigns for the new F1 season, England Cricket’s most important home Test series’ and the Ryder Cup.
- Understand, analyse and respond to client briefs
- A Strong conceptualist and well-rounded Motion Designer
- Adobe suite and After Effects expertise is essential, an understanding of Cinema4D would be preferable but not necessary.
- Understanding of broadcast industry ideal but experience in broadcast design not essential
- Ability and confidence to liaise with Production on briefs and to take direction from Senior Designers and Design Directors
- Be able to clearly demonstrate skills in the fundamentals of design: composition, typography, colour theory and image making
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Have the ability to work calmly under pressure, as part of a team.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-500 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page