Digital Marketing Assistant in Kirknewton, UK 🌎
Jupiter Artland is an award-winning contemporary sculpture garden located just outside Edinburgh. Founded in 2009 by philanthropist art collectors Robert and Nicky Wilson, Jupiter Artland has grown into one of Scotland’s most significant arts organisations and was nominated for ArtFund’s Museum of the Year in 2016. Set over 100 acres of meadow, woodland and five indoor gallery spaces, Jupiter Artland is home to 35 permanent site-specific sculptures from artists including Phyllida Barlow, Charles Jencks, Anish Kapoor, Cornelia Parker and Antony Gormley, as well as a seasonal programme of exhibitions and events. Through its learning and outreach programme, Jupiter Artland aims to engage with every child in Scotland, by offering free school visits throughout the year.
Highlights of Jupiter’s 2019 programme include the opening of a swimming pool by Joana Vasconcelos, a retrospective exhibition of New York choreographer Trisha Brown alongside performances of Trisha Brown’s work as part of Edinburgh International Festival, and Jupiter Rising. Jupiter Artland’s 2019 season will culminate in Jupiter Rising (23-25 August), Jupiter Artland’s weekend-long festival of art, music, performance and ideas.
Jupiter Rising will showcase adventurous new artistic work, blending with the best in live sound and music, film and moving image and artist-led works for all ages.
About the role
Jupiter Artland requires a Digital Marketing Assistant to assist with the planning and delivery of cross-channel digital marketing campaigns during its summer season, with a focus on Jupiter Rising.
The candidate will work alongside the Marketing and Communications Manager and Head of Exhibitions and Audience Development to devise and create engaging content for Jupiter Artland’s social media channels, and will be responsible for maintaining and updating content on jupiterrising.art.
This role would suit a recent graduate of a related degree, who is looking to gain invaluable experience working within a cutting-edge contemporary art environment.
Main duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Marketing and Communications Manager and Head of Exhibitions and Audience Development to ensure that jupiterrising.art website is up to date with most current content, information, links etc.
- Assist with the planning and delivery of cross-channel marketing campaigns to achieve ticket sales targets, in collaboration with the - Marketing and Communications Manager and Head of Exhibitions and Audience Development
- Produce interesting, relevant and revenue-driving email communications based on agreed audience segments and campaigns
- Contribute to content across Jupiter Artland’s social media platforms in line with planned campaigns, in collaboration with the Marketing and Communications Manager
- Assist Jupiter Artland colleagues in providing excellent customer service to customers across our social media channels ensuring that customer enquiries are responded to in a timely manner * Liaise with promotional partners to set-up and administer campaign competitions and promotions as necessary
- Research and administer content distribution and event listings website opportunities and ensure that they are kept up to date
- Work with external partners where necessary to ensure that Jupiter Artland content is current and accurate
- Confidently represent Jupiter Artland’s brand values and personality in all areas of your work
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required
- Experience of web editing and online content management systems
- Experience using a range of different social media channels in a professional capacity
- Experience planning digital marketing campaigns
- Experience of Adobe Creative suite, including Indesign and Photoshop
- Engaging and professional writing style with experience writing for a range of audiences Experience producing emails using an email service provider i.e. Mailchimp
- Enthusiasm for and experience of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working for an arts organisation would be advantageous
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Attention to detail and excellent organisational skills
- Willingness to learn and be an active member of the Jupiter Artland team, supporting colleagues on ad hoc tasks when required.
- £20,000 pro rata (dependent on experience)
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page