Visual Designer in London, UK 🌎
Do you want to have a positive impact on society: Help to protect 40 million U.K consumers from harm and enable innovation and development in the UK economy?
Are you interested in AI and technology and its impact on society?
Do you want to use your skills for something different, to help the public sector engage and communicate with a wide range of different groups including: fintech startups, international governmental bodies, academics and the directors of major firms
Are culture and people important to you? Do you want to work with people that have different skills and backgrounds in a flexible and inclusive environment?
We are currently recruiting for a Visual Designer (Associate) to join the Innovation Department in the Regtech & Advanced Analytics team. The role will be a 12 month, fixed-term contract.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
What does the role involve? What are the key responsibilities?
We know that our ideas and work are only as powerful as our ability to communicate them. We need a graphic designer to help us create engaging, stand-out content.
Specific role responsibilities include
- Produce engaging communication and marketing materials for our series of global events on some of the biggest challenges in financial services and regulation
- Experiment with different media e.g. video and animation as well as print and digital
- Establish a key branding for the FCAs innovation team alongside our standard corporate design palette
- Help to create engaging presentations, reports, programmes and prospectuses
What will the candidate get from the role?
- Your work will be both varied and extremely challenging
- Experience of operating in a fast paced challenging environment where your outputs will be seen externally by a broad range of stakeholders and internally across the organisation to the most senior level
- Chance to work in a diverse and flexible team which values individual initiative and creativity
- Interesting work in the public interest on innovative areas around technology and AI
We’re a signatory to the Government’s Disability Confident scheme. This means that we guarantee an interview to any disabled candidates entering under the scheme, should they meet the minimum criteria for a role. A minimum criterion needs to be measurable from reviewing a candidates CV.
- Degree (or equivalent relevant qualification) or proven industry experience in relevant design discipline
- Proven experience using Adobe CC programmes
- Proven record of finding innovative visual solutions to presenting complex information and an ability to adapt language, levels of detail, presentation and design to meet the needs of different audiences
- Proficient in using both Mac and Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Ability to work in a dynamic manner on multiple briefs simultaneously and with relatively fast and fluid timelines to turnaround some pieces of work
- Outstanding visual design skills with an innate understanding of layout, colour, and typography
- Ability to complete complex and demanding pieces of work against tight deadlines to a high standard of accuracy and presentation, and to manage multiple projects and independently meet deadlines, organise workloads and react quickly to changing priorities
- Sound judgment, effective decision-making and personal accountability
- Ability to build effective relationships quickly
- Strong written and oral communication skills; able to present information in a clear and concise manner, adapting the style to your audience; able to communicate to others in an inspiring way
- Excellent analytical skills - the successful candidate will need to understand a variety of complex data and information from across the FCA and use it to produce engaging material
- Experience in video editing and animation
- Experience in web design
About the FCA
At the FCA, we’re creating a fair and more resilient financial system. We’re establishing more transparent relationships between financial services and their customers, building trust in financial markets and protecting vulnerable consumers.
The FCA’s Values & Diversity
Our ambition is to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the society we serve, helping us to be a better regulator.
As an inclusive employer, we are open to considering flexible working arrangements. Please contact our recruiter if you wish to apply for this role on a flexible basis.
- This role is graded as Associate (REG B)
- The salary range will be approximately 30,000 to 45,000 GBP plus a competitive benefits package and non-contributory pension
- Applications for this role close on 19/06/2019
If you are interested learning more about the role
- For internal applications, contact Georgi Kostadinov
- For external applications, contact Sam Shabir
Please note - Applications must be submitted through our online portal. Applications sent via email will not be accepted.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page